dried pasta ok?

JimsBrother

Supporting Member
Mar 3, 2022
Parrots
Uncle to Bebee
and Amy
A friend of mine used to give his parrot uncooked macaroni as a treat. Usually elbows. I have an open box of ditalini that I could give my birds if it's OK. Anybody else give their birds 'ronis?

Dave

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Only caution is those that expand with moisture, like uncooked rice, as an example, as they can and do expand in the digestive system., which can cause blockage. Not a common problem, but worth keeping in mind.

Although near all such products use food grade coloring. It to becomes an issue as that odd time when your Parrot chooses to eat only one color today and you are faced with a very specific change in color of their Poop. Although it will not harm them, you may find yourself on an emergency run to the Avian Vet because the feathered love of your life has orange Poop!

Last edited:

azflcowboy

Oct 20, 2022
Parrots
Solomon Island Eclectus (Male)
I buy a box of rotini made from red lentils and chick peas especially for the birds (conure and eclectus). I hide it in their toys for foraging and they really like it.
Hello I shall try that:) do you have any other siggestions for preparing chick peas or other treates:) Thank you and God Bless
Larry and Moses

Most Reactions