Ecky Travelling to Thanksgiving Day Family Get Together

azflcowboy

Oct 20, 2022
Parrots
Solomon Island Eclectus (Male)
Hello:) Happy Thanksgiving Day:)
Moses our Ecky loves to meet new visitors to our home:) If he likes them he will say "Kiss" and give them a kiss:)
Question: We are going to a very small Thanksgiving Day Dinner tomorrow (just 4 people).
Moses loves to take car rides.
We are thinking of putting Moses in our large travel cage and drive for 90 minutes to the dinner.
We would be travelling 4 hours roundtrip.
4 hours at the Aunt's home. 8 Hours total.
Does any one have suggestions as this will be the first time in doing an 8 hour day (with 4 hours on the road)Moses is 4 years old and as i said he is a social butterfly:)
In closing my my i just observed on Tik-Tok so many Solomon Island Eclectus short videos:)
Thank you for any input and Happy Thanksgiving ;) God Bless
Larry azflcowboy

Attachments

• IMG_20191031_100930.jpg
    IMG_20191031_100930.jpg
    345.8 KB · Views: 9

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Awwww, Moses is such a sweet little guy! My guess is that he'll be much happier to spend the day with you and visiting someplace new with you than being home alone all day. My only concern would be in making sure ahead of time that the home you're going to isn't filled with smells of cleaning products, scented candles, all the typical things bird owners pay attention to but others might not think of. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

OP
azflcowboy

azflcowboy

Oct 20, 2022
Parrots
Awwww, Moses is such a sweet little guy! My guess is that he'll be much happier to spend the day with you and visiting someplace new with you than being home alone all day. My only concern would be in making sure ahead of time that the home you're going to isn't filled with smells of cleaning products, scented candles, all the typical things bird owners pay attention to but others might not think of. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Hello and thank you for your reply I agree, i forgot about the smell in the home, thank you for reminding me i shall make sure it is safe:)

4 way borbs

Sep 26, 2023
Media
Waukee Iowa USA
Parrots
Smokey | Athracite parakeet
Sky | cobalt, albino, yellow parakeet
Andy | Green texas clearwater
yeah what sax said and give some time to hang out with him on the ride so he won't act like a toddler and start whining that he bored

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Over the years our Amazons have all being Road Warriors, simply loved traveling. when we traveled to the other side of the State, it was a 2.5 hour trip oneway with groups up to 12 people. They each enjoyed being the center of the action. Keeping the young ones fingers safe was the only concern and that was luckily not a problem. The trip home was more laid back with extended naps. Winter time temperatures in cars can fluctuate, so we keep each located in the center of the seat.

Travel based on the comfort of your Parrot, by preheating before you load him in!

Enjoy!

OP
azflcowboy

azflcowboy

Oct 20, 2022
Parrots
yeah what sax said and give some time to hang out with him on the ride so he won't act like a toddler and start whining that he bored
Hello and Thank you :) My wife usually rides in back seat and the cage will be in back seat so i think it will work out great:) it is 1 1/2 hours from my home in citrus county to the orlando area:)

4 way borbs

Sep 26, 2023
Media
Waukee Iowa USA
Parrots
Smokey | Athracite parakeet
Sky | cobalt, albino, yellow parakeet
Andy | Green texas clearwater
Hello and Thank you :) My wife usually rides in back seat and the cage will be in back seat so i think it will work out great:) it is 1 1/2 hours from my home in citrus county to the Orlando area:)
Good because I never had the birds on a car ride but I learned in case I ever needed to

OP
azflcowboy

azflcowboy

Oct 20, 2022
Parrots
Good because I never had the birds on a car ride but I learned in case I ever needed to
Hello Moses got used to car rides because my Duchess a retired k-9 wished me to take her for a ride everyday around 3pm, her best friend my Moses always wanted to be near Duchess :) so we all three went for a car ride:) Duchess passed away at 13 with cancer so now Moses still likes a car ride everyday:) thank you and Happy Thanksgiving
Larry azflcowboy (yes i used to live in arizona on a horse ranch:)

Most Reactions

Latest posts