Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
If it continues, an avian/exotic vet is probably a good idea.

Edit: I mean if she refuses to eat anything for no apparent reason

Last edited:
OP
I

ini3vm

Feb 7, 2022
Parrots
Lovebirds
no She always refuses to eat. she eats upto like 4-5 ml and then refuses everytime. her poop is healthy she flys/she cuddles.. she's normal. but she doesn't eat too much. kiko eats 8 ml and goes to sleep. kiwi eats around 5 ml max and then seeds then sleeps. I gave them a bath and made them warm with my hands (like keeping them in my hand and making them warm) and then now they're sleeping. I know she's not sick..She makes a blushy sound while refusing to eat and runs away..they both are doing good dont worry. today she at around 3 ml only not even seeds.thats why I was concerned. they just had one more meal..

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
no She always refuses to eat. she eats upto like 4-5 ml and then refuses everytime. her poop is healthy she flys/she cuddles.. she's normal. but she doesn't eat too much. kiko eats 8 ml and goes to sleep. kiwi eats around 5 ml max and then seeds then sleeps. I gave them a bath and made them warm with my hands (like keeping them in my hand and making them warm) and then now they're sleeping. I know she's not sick..She makes a blushy sound while refusing to eat and runs away..they both are doing good dont worry. today she at around 3 ml only not even seeds.thats why I was concerned. they just had one more meal..
oh ok i thought you meant she doesn't formula and solid food

OP
I

ini3vm

Feb 7, 2022
Parrots
Lovebirds
hii So recently I've been playing Peekaboo with them. and Kiko just learned to say ''Peekaboo'' Im trying to get it on cam when she says it. yesterday she said Peekaboo 5 times

OP
I

ini3vm

Feb 7, 2022
Parrots
Lovebirds
Im not even sure if lovebirds can talk but she somehow said Peekaboo while getting ready to sleep...and also Im wondering what species they are..Kiwi is probably a RedViolet (But she doesnt have any kind of blue on her) I dont know what specie kiko (she has a yellow/green face with blue,orange,green on her tails)

OP
I

ini3vm

Feb 7, 2022
Parrots
Lovebirds
trying to get it on cam but its very hard. She only says Peekaboo during day sleeps and not to often...

OP
I

ini3vm

Feb 7, 2022
Parrots
Lovebirds
Update after a long time: lol its been a long time but here we go. they are weaned :D. they themselves stopped eating formula and decided to go with seeds and fruits as their food...Kiwi immitates me sometimes and competes on who can scream the loudest xd. Kiko says peekaboo everytime while sleeping..
also noticed today morning that Kiwi was making a sound and was trying to step on kiko? is this hormonal? what is this?

OP
I

ini3vm

Feb 7, 2022
Parrots
Lovebirds
I think kiwi is a boy. I've heard boy birds eat less than female birds...and they are closing to 6 months btw (age). Im not expecting a sudden reply since i've been gone for so long in ParrotForums..xD

𝕾𝖙𝖔𝖗𝖒𝖞𝕻𝖎𝖈𝖆

2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
I think kiwi is a boy. I've heard boy birds eat less than female birds...and they are closing to 6 months btw (age). Im not expecting a sudden reply since i've been gone for so long in ParrotForums..xD
Well, you're getting one! I'm glad they are growing up well, but the amount they eat doesn't determine gender!

OP
I

ini3vm

Feb 7, 2022
Parrots
Lovebirds
haha thanks! also they just learned how to kiss. we make kissing sounds and they imitate it

OP
I

ini3vm

Feb 7, 2022
Parrots
Lovebirds
Kiwi might have ate a thread.. it was probably laying on the table and she might have ate it. Im not sure though. is it me hallucinating? She's eating seeds and banana right now she looks perfectly fine. I've heard birds hide their sickness. like she's really active i dont see a difference in her. she was right next to me i was on my laptop while she was on the table and i was pretty sure there was a thread there...we wont be able to go to the vet cuz my sis is covid+

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Kiwi might have ate a thread.. it was probably laying on the table and she might have ate it. Im not sure though. is it me hallucinating? She's eating seeds and banana right now she looks perfectly fine. I've heard birds hide their sickness. like she's really active i dont see a difference in her. she was right next to me i was on my laptop while she was on the table and i was pretty sure there was a thread there...we wont be able to go to the vet cuz my sis is covid+
I don't think one thread will kill her, just keep an eye on her :)
Also I hope your sis gets better soon!

OP
I

ini3vm

Feb 7, 2022
Parrots
Lovebirds
I really dont see a difference in her. She's just as she was. Her appetite over seeds and fruits have increases within the week. and she's active.. No weird noises from her. ig she's fine thanks!

OP
I

ini3vm

Feb 7, 2022
Parrots
Lovebirds
its been super duper long since I've updated. I think they are ready for free flight but i am too scared to take them outside lol. annddddddddddddd kiko can say ''kiwi''(kiwi is another lovebird i have) now!!! wooooo idk how but um yes she can say kiwi. she can also say peekaboo and scream like a human. looong story. i got mad at them once ._. and i screamed loud
like loud. and then she copied it back. she can also give kisses lol. she rarely gives kisses to kiwi. and then their signal. yk the sound that you give when you want their attention. some people make their sound as whistling, mine is doing a weird sound with my tongue. she can copy it lol
i still havent been able to get it on audio or video. when ever i bring the phone close she just stops. even when i hide it somewhere and try to record she just wont lol. although i have captured her trying to say peekaboo like once she doesn't say it clearly in that on tho. i'll tryna get it over here
uh yess this is the super duper update!!1 wowwowo

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
its been super duper long since I've updated. I think they are ready for free flight but i am too scared to take them outside lol. annddddddddddddd kiko can say ''kiwi''(kiwi is another lovebird i have) now!!! wooooo idk how but um yes she can say kiwi. she can also say peekaboo and scream like a human. looong story. i got mad at them once ._. and i screamed loud
like loud. and then she copied it back. she can also give kisses lol. she rarely gives kisses to kiwi. and then their signal. yk the sound that you give when you want their attention. some people make their sound as whistling, mine is doing a weird sound with my tongue. she can copy it lol
i still havent been able to get it on audio or video. when ever i bring the phone close she just stops. even when i hide it somewhere and try to record she just wont lol. although i have captured her trying to say peekaboo like once she doesn't say it clearly in that on tho. i'll tryna get it over here
uh yess this is the super duper update!!1 wowwowo
Do you mean free flight as in outside?

Also, super cute that your bird can say her name!

OP
I

ini3vm

Feb 7, 2022
Parrots
Lovebirds
Good news and bad news??
KIWI AND KIKO MATED TODAY. Kiko had her wings stretched and kiwi sitting on her???? Their are approx like 9 months old rn.

OP
I

ini3vm

Feb 7, 2022
Parrots
Lovebirds
That was the bad news. Good news is that we know their genders
Is this a good thing, should I prevent them doing it again??

OP
I

ini3vm

Feb 7, 2022
Parrots
Lovebirds
I think they are too young for that.
Also how did they know

Most Reactions

Latest posts