The eggs didn't hatch yet do I remove them

Niteldy

Oct 26, 2021
Media
Albums
Utah
Parrots
1 Alexandrine & 5 cockatiels
I am handfeeding a cockatiel from the day he hatched- he is now 15 days old. Incubation for lovebirds is 22-25 days then the eggs will hatch in a few days..I have mated pair of lovebirds I expect to start laying soon! yay!! This site may have alot of info your looking for - https://www.cuteness.com/article/incubate-lovebird-egg..... hope it helps.

OP
I

ini3vm

Feb 7, 2022
Parrots
Lovebirds
Thanks its been around 28 days since she had laid her first egg. She is also getting so mad at kiwi. She is also getting lot more aggressive

OP
I

ini3vm

Feb 7, 2022
Parrots
Lovebirds
It's been like more than a month now and the eggs havent hatched yet :( I'm going to remove it tmrw. Kiko feels sad.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
If she is still sitting on them, I would leave them until she isn't even if they are not fertile. If removed too soon in her mind, she may go back to laying again.

OP
I

ini3vm

Feb 7, 2022
Parrots
Lovebirds
We removed them right now. She doesn't seem to notice. She was to deprived on sitting on them. Like getting aggressive. Or like being a extremely good mother. We candle them none were fertile.

OP
I

ini3vm

Feb 7, 2022
Parrots
Lovebirds
The reason we removed them is cuz she looks sad for her eggs not hatching

OP
I

ini3vm

Feb 7, 2022
Parrots
Lovebirds
She didn't even sit on them for the past few days. Also we live in a flat. The air conditioner is p good. But I switch it to 29-31 for them. It's been warm actually. Maybe they didn't hatch cuz it's their first batch

OP
I

ini3vm

Feb 7, 2022
Parrots
Lovebirds
Yep we were not sure what to do with the eggs. They are just in a box filled with rice husks

OP
I

ini3vm

Feb 7, 2022
Parrots
Lovebirds
Guess what. They mated again and we have an egggyt let's gooooooo. I put the air conditioner to heat to make sure they hatch this time

OP
I

ini3vm

Feb 7, 2022
Parrots
Lovebirds
long time no see. heres and update there 2 succesful babies. I thought the parents were not mature enough to take of the babies but we had to travel. so we had given them to our friends. they babies r 3 months old rn. couldnt handfeed the babies. so their scared of hands. but they do get treats from me....! their names are vivi and viko

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
long time no see. heres and update there 2 succesful babies. I thought the parents were not mature enough to take of the babies but we had to travel. so we had given them to our friends. they babies r 3 months old rn. couldnt handfeed the babies. so their scared of hands. but they do get treats from me....! their names are vivi and viko
Pictures!

EinsteinsDad

Jan 14, 2023
Media
Parrots
8 lovebirds: Phoenix, Woodstock, Einstein, Lucky, Red, Snow White, Mango, and Sunshine.
Thank you for caring about Kiko. she is doing much better now. she can cuddle/walk/play/ try to fly. Im guessing the amount of food wasn't enough. I gave her 4 ml in the morning and 5 ml afternoon..
Were you only feeding the baby twice a day at 4 weeks? I don't believe it is enough. We have raised and hand-fed 7 baby lovebirds, all from 2 weeks thru to fully weaned. Initially every three to four hours. At 4 weeks we are still doing 4 feeding a day. They take less as they grow and you can start to cut back. Recommend you watch some quality Youtube vids on feeding / raising lovebirds.

OP
I

ini3vm

Feb 7, 2022
Parrots
Lovebirds
Were you only feeding the baby twice a day at 4 weeks? I don't believe it is enough. We have raised and hand-fed 7 baby lovebirds, all from 2 weeks thru to fully weaned. Initially every three to four hours. At 4 weeks we are still doing 4 feeding a day. They take less as they grow and you can start to cut back. Recommend you watch some quality Youtube vids on feeding / raising lovebirds.
Thank you so much for caring. She is so healthy and has 2 two babies now! dwdw

Most Reactions

Latest posts