Flight clubs in Australia

Quantumcat

Feb 21, 2010
Media
Bathurst, NSW
Parrots
One Eclectus, Scarlett
I have read on the net about flight clubs in the US that meet once a week in a large empty warehouse or similar to let their birds fly and so c i a l i s e (edit - does anyone have any idea why this word would be censored??) with each other. Does anything similar exist in Aus? It looks like so much fun for the birds ... you can only fly about ten metres in a house in a straight line before you run into something. And Scarlett's having her first moult (with me) so all her clipped feathers will be back soon! And as well as she can fly now, I would so love to see what she can do with whole wings!

Aussie Ben

Jun 8, 2010
Media
South Australia
Don't know of any bird flight clubs, at least not in my area. There are quite a few bird clubs around Aus though, that may either fly their birds or know of groups that do. You could probably find one near you and ask, can't hurt. I cound't find any info on flying groups, but here is a website with listed clubs. Unfortunately only a handful are associated with parrots Associations - Australian Bird Clubs

Most Reactions

Latest posts