Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Hey guys.
I know itā€™s been awhile since Iā€™ve given any updates on the birds and other animals.
Lots has happened and, in short, Iā€™ve rehomed most of my flock. Only three remain, Tony the Quaker, Tom the GCC, and Milly the sparrow.

So Iā€™ll try to update this some, for now, a bunch of pictures!

Tom checking out my snacks
IMG_3515.jpeg

Heā€™s learned this recently, lol
IMG_3498.jpeg

Tony attempting to steal this morning
IMG_3527.jpeg

Heā€™s learning to trust me enough to lay on his back!
IMG_3451.jpeg

My boyfriend has helped me realize spiders arenā€™t scary!
IMG_2821.jpeg

img_3215-jpeg.56633
IMG_3185.jpeg

Many new babies as well, which Iā€™ll get around to posting. Sheā€™s just the one I happen to be keeping, lol
IMG_3418.jpeg

Tony being sweet
IMG_2444.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3215.jpeg
    IMG_3215.jpeg
    142.4 KB · Views: 65

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Hey guys.
I know itā€™s been awhile since Iā€™ve given any updates on the birds and other animals.
Lots has happened and, in short, Iā€™ve rehomed most of my flock. Only three remain, Tony the Quaker, Tom the GCC, and Milly the sparrow.

So Iā€™ll try to update this some, for now, a bunch of pictures!

Tom checking out my snacks
View attachment 56628
Heā€™s learned this recently, lol
View attachment 56629
Tony attempting to steal this morning
View attachment 56630
Heā€™s learning to trust me enough to lay on his back!
View attachment 56631
My boyfriend has helped me realize spiders arenā€™t scary!
View attachment 56632
img_3215-jpeg.56633
View attachment 56634
Many new babies as well, which Iā€™ll get around to posting. Sheā€™s just the one I happen to be keeping, lol
View attachment 56635
Tony being sweet
View attachment 56636
No more budgies and no more cockatiels? How did you manage to find homes for them? I hope many got adopted together so they aren't lonely. I imagine it must be somewhat of a relief to be out from under all those birds! They're a lot of work.

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
So nice to see two of my favorite boys - Tom and Tony!

OP
zERo

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
No more budgies and no more cockatiels? How did you manage to find homes for them? I hope many got adopted together so they aren't lonely. I imagine it must be somewhat of a relief to be out from under all those birds! They're a lot of work.
Yes, no more budgies or tiels. I was able to find one home for all 4 budgies. And the bonded pair of tiels went to the same home. The other tiel, Romeo, went to a couple who adores him and heā€™ll be the only bird in their household I think.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Oh @zERo, I'm sorry you had to rehome so many of your babies, I've had to do it myself once or twice so I know how hard it is. It sounds like you found them wonderful new homes though, which makes things a lot eaiser. šŸ’ How have Tony and Tom adjusted to the change? I hope they're getting on a little better! šŸ™šŸ™šŸ™

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Yes, no more budgies or tiels. I was able to find one home for all 4 budgies. And the bonded pair of tiels went to the same home. The other tiel, Romeo, went to a couple who adores him and heā€™ll be the only bird in their household I think.
The Budgerian Army can now protect their new home from any invaders!

OP
zERo

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Oh @zERo, I'm sorry you had to rehome so many of your babies, I've had to do it myself once or twice so I know how hard it is. It sounds like you found them wonderful new homes though, which makes things a lot eaiser. šŸ’ How have Tony and Tom adjusted to the change? I hope they're getting on a little better! šŸ™šŸ™šŸ™
Yeah, it was tough but I knew it was the right thing to do, for their sake and mine.
Tony and Tom seem to be fine, definitely quieter with no competing noise!
I still let them out separately cause Iā€™m afraid itā€™ll end badly šŸ˜…

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Yeah, it was tough but I knew it was the right thing to do, for their sake and mine.
Tony and Tom seem to be fine, definitely quieter with no competing noise!
I still let them out separately cause Iā€™m afraid itā€™ll end badly šŸ˜…
Yeah it is pretty rough. I had to rehome a quaker I named ScoMo (after an ex-Australian prime minister at the time!) a few years ago after I'd lost my GCC Baci. I made the mistake of rushing out and getting a new bird without realizing just how badly Baci's loss was going to hit me, and when he started to really seriously beat up on Fang I had to make a decision for Fang's safety and my sanity. But the moment I saw the love between ScoMo and his new dad I knew he was in the right place - they took to each other straight away and it really was love at first sight between them! Sometimes we are just the mid-way point between where they came from and where they were always meant to be šŸ’–

OP
zERo

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Yeah it is pretty rough. I had to rehome a quaker I named ScoMo (after an ex-Australian prime minister at the time!) a few years ago after I'd lost my GCC Baci. I made the mistake of rushing out and getting a new bird without realizing just how badly Baci's loss was going to hit me, and when he started to really seriously beat up on Fang I had to make a decision for Fang's safety and my sanity. But the moment I saw the love between ScoMo and his new dad I knew he was in the right place - they took to each other straight away and it really was love at first sight between them! Sometimes we are just the mid-way point between where they came from and where they were always meant to be šŸ’–
Awww, itā€™s really bittersweet. Iā€™m glad you found someone your Quaker appeared to bond with immediately! That always makes you feel better if a bird needs to be rehomed.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Nyla, be aware that boas are more then happy to have a parrot for dinner. My very first boa came to us very cheap because he had escaped and eaten a VERY expensive cockatoo at the pet shop. I know this to be true because he puked it up after we had him for few days.

OP
zERo

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Nyla, be aware that boas are more then happy to have a parrot for dinner. My very first boa came to us very cheap because he had escaped and eaten a VERY expensive cockatoo at the pet shop. I know this to be true because he puked it up after we had him for few days.
Oh, wow, what a terrible experience. Iā€™m very careful concerning snakes and birds.
My snakes are all upstairs and the birds in my room so they never interact or are out at the same time.

OP
zERo

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Tom being sweet this morning
IMG_3571.jpeg
IMG_3572.jpeg

Some babies from this season
IMG_3488.jpeg

IMG_3485.jpeg
IMG_3483.jpeg
IMG_3479.jpeg
IMG_3478.jpeg

IMG_3405.jpeg

A black widow I found
IMG_3202.jpeg

And a crab spider
IMG_3199.jpeg

A brown widow. Easily one of the prettiest native spiders
IMG_3196.jpeg

And Tony getting some pets last week
IMG_3362.jpeg

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Tom being sweet this morning
View attachment 56722View attachment 56724
Some babies from this season
View attachment 56725
View attachment 56726View attachment 56727View attachment 56728View attachment 56729
View attachment 56730
A black widow I found
View attachment 56731
And a crab spider
View attachment 56732
A brown widow. Easily one of the prettiest native spiders
View attachment 56733
And Tony getting some pets last week
View attachment 56734
Such beautiful snakey babies, @zERo! Do those colours stay as intense when they grow up? Oh and is that some of Tony's work that I spy? Very helpfully remodelling the edge of your table?!

OP
zERo

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Such beautiful snakey babies, @zERo! Do those colours stay as intense when they grow up? Oh and is that some of Tony's work that I spy? Very helpfully remodelling the edge of your table?!
Some of the babies tend to stay about the same, others will get brighter. It really just depends on their genetics.

And yes! That would be Tonyā€™s work! šŸ˜…

OP
zERo

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Miss Milly. Sheā€™s so fast itā€™s hard to get good pictures šŸ˜…
IMG_3611.jpeg
IMG_3610.jpeg

Tom before he turned into a hormonal freak yesterday, lol
IMG_3596.jpeg

The 29, still going
IMG_3594.jpeg

Tony wanting cereal
IMG_3591.jpeg

Little guy I found in the house
IMG_3579.jpeg

Elrond. Just a nice picture of him
IMG_3141.jpeg

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots

Jcas

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Jan 9, 2023
Parrots
Quaker, 2 budgies
Little Milly is sooo cute! ā¤ļø She makes me think of my little rescue Sparrow, Chip, who first got me into birds. Sparrows are constantly moving and twitching which makes it very difficult to get good pictures šŸ˜…!
Also, Tony and the cereal bowl; what a character!

OP
zERo

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Little Milly is sooo cute! ā¤ļø She makes me think of my little rescue Sparrow, Chip, who first got me into birds. Sparrows are constantly moving and twitching which makes it very difficult to get good pictures šŸ˜…!
Also, Tony and the cereal bowl; what a character!
Aww, itā€™s cool to find out other people have got to keep sparrows before! They have such big personalities.

OP
zERo

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Looks like Tom is giving Hemsworth a run for his money!
IMG_3648.jpeg

My favorite picture of Marvel
IMG_3119.jpeg

Wendigo, bright as ever
IMG_3136.jpeg

A lovely moth I found
IMG_2462.jpeg

Most Reactions

Latest posts