Goodbye Mango

BirdyBee

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 7, 2022
Messages
3,823
Reaction score
8,318
Location
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Mango

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Pippen
Snowy
Some of you might know about the cockatiel I adopted in november of 2024. I loved him very much and I tried my hardest to give him the best life I could.

Unfortunately he passed away this morning after battling a bacterial infection for quite some time. I took him to a vet twice and treated him with different medication but ultimately his body gave up on him. I've never experienced a bird death this traumatising before. I'll spare the details of that.

I miss my baby. I'm thankful that I was there during his last moments but it was horrible to see how much pain he was in. At least it reached an end.

The only flock member I have left now is John. He grew quite attached to mango in the last year or so and it was saddening to hear him call for mango over and over, not understanding that he is dead.


Here's my last picture of the two. Mango passed away about 30 minutes after this.

1000090803.webp
 
Some of you might know about the cockatiel I adopted in november of 2024. I loved him very much and I tried my hardest to give him the best life I could.

Unfortunately he passed away this morning after battling a bacterial infection for quite some time. I took him to a vet twice and treated him with different medication but ultimately his body gave up on him. I've never experienced a bird death this traumatising before. I'll spare the details of that.

I miss my baby. I'm thankful that I was there during his last moments but it was horrible to see how much pain he was in. At least it reached an end.

The only flock member I have left now is John. He grew quite attached to mango in the last year or so and it was saddening to hear him call for mango over and over, not understanding that he is dead.


Here's my last picture of the two. Mango passed away about 30 minutes after this.

View attachment 84926
Oh @BirdyBee, that's so awfully sad, I'm so sorry for your loss. My words will not ease your pain, but I've been where you are as so many others here have, and we understand how deeply this hurts. Sending love, hugs and most sincere condolences to you and John, as well as prayers of comfort and healing to both your hearts 🙏 Fly free, sweet Mango, you will always be remembered with love 💖
 
I'm so sorry. I've also seen a bird die in pain and it's one of the worst things I've ever witnessed. I wish you peace and plenty of comforting memories. ❤️
 
I’m so sorry for your loss, and the process you went through. I hope you are okay, and give that cutie pie John some snuggles. I’m sure he misses his friend.
 
I'm sorry. Snugglesvand hugs.
 
So sorry you lost your Mango.
Give John extra attention.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom