Haii there!

Vasariki

Oct 8, 2014
Torquay, Devon.
Parrots
Jet-Star - 1 Year old Jenday Conure
Haii! My name is Amy :) I live in South West England, and am totally in love with the Vasa Parrot and Kakariki :green1::) I am currently looking into getting a Vasa Parrot. I have a HUGE cage for one and spend day and night looking for new info on them. I currently have a Dog and a Chinchilla too. I have spent time with finches, budgies:greenyellow:, a Blue and Gold Macaw:blue1: and Hawks and Flacons. Hopefully whilst I'm here I can get loads of info on them prepared for when I am ready to buy one next year (I need everything perfect before I buy one xD)

Well, that's all really! If you ever want to talk, I'm always up for a chat :) Thanks!

~Ammers (Amy) :white1:

Jessie

Sep 21, 2014
Florida
Parrots
Nanday(Rio) Approx. born April/2013
Welcome to the forum! I hope you find the perfect Vasa Parrot!

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
Hi Amy, welcome to the forums.....

A vasa parrots are interesting birds but are not readily bred here in the states, do you have any breeders in the UK?

Hope you enjoy you stay around here.....

OP
Vasariki

Vasariki

Oct 8, 2014
Torquay, Devon.
Parrots
Hi Amy, welcome to the forums.....

A vasa parrots are interesting birds but are not readily bred here in the states, do you have any breeders in the UK?

Hope you enjoy you stay around here.....

Thank you :) Yes, I love them. Hmm... Breeder wise, I've heard of two in the UK, one in Derbyshire and one in the Isle of Mann, but I cannot find contact info for them, unfortunatly :( But, I won't give up :D

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I do know of some breeders in the US... Though not common, I see them at the bird store from time to time. I was also wondering how often you see them in England.

Do you think you prefer male or female? Kind of different how the female gets a bald orange head during breeding season, and make gets a visible sexual organ?

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Don't give up. I've had some unusual species, and I've always found what I was looking for sooner or later. I have found that if whatever specie you're looking for is available at all in your country, you will find it if you keep pursuing it. Thankfully, it's the internet that makes it possible.

OP
Vasariki

Vasariki

Oct 8, 2014
Torquay, Devon.
Parrots
I do know of some breeders in the US... Though not common, I see them at the bird store from time to time. I was also wondering how often you see them in England.

Do you think you prefer male or female? Kind of different how the female gets a bald orange head during breeding season, and make gets a visible sexual organ?

I have never met one at all. Only seen pictures and Youtube videos. :( My mum cannot travel far because she has a bad foot, and always will, so, probably will never get to meet one unless I buy one and have it delivered by the breeder.

I prefer Males. Even though there is the gross bit of that, he won't be on show to anyone as I personally have no friends I bring over to my house and would be very scared of taking him out anywhere but the vets. I do also like the females because they look like Miniature black vultures :D But, male would be better as females may become aggresive when they mature due to mating bonds and such. So, males would be easier and less likely (They will still scratch, bite, ect.) to become aggresive towards a female owner :)

OP
Vasariki

Vasariki

Oct 8, 2014
Torquay, Devon.
Parrots
Don't give up. I've had some unusual species, and I've always found what I was looking for sooner or later. I have found that if whatever specie you're looking for is available at all in your country, you will find it if you keep pursuing it. Thankfully, it's the internet that makes it possible.

Don't worry! I won't give up :D I have wanted one since around 2012 when I found out about them and having tried 2 years to convince my mum, I can finally get one! ^-^ NEVER giving up! xD
:white1:

Most Reactions

Latest posts