artenemis

Nov 17, 2019
Hi, so 5 days ago i got this baby Green Cheek Conure hatched on the 23rd of December and we have been constantly feeding her and keeping track of her weight and amount of food she eats so as to be able to note significant changes in her diet and whatnot.. but we also noticed that she averages a weight of 80-90grams before feeding and 90+grams after feeding. We were fairly -not extremely- concerned with her weight, because 60-80grams is the suggested healthy weight of an adult conure but this bird is hella heavy especially for a 30+ day old bird.. Im not so sure if i should be concerned or cutting down her food etc. cuz Im actually not seeing anything wrong with her, perfectly active, perfectly curious but is she eating too much or am i just paranoid..

But then again this might just be me cuz i lost a baby tiel last year and didnt notice her weight dropping.. so i lost her 😭

Please tell me more if you know anything about this :)) (yes, its my first time keeping a conure, not my first time keeping a bird)

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
Is the crop empty when you are taking the weights?

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
Has it been consistent--- I mean, have you seen any sudden jumps in comparison to what would be normal?

OP
artenemis

artenemis

Nov 17, 2019
Has it been consistent--- I mean, have you seen any sudden jumps in comparison to what would be normal?
nope its constantly 80-90grams around that weight no jumps so far just a lil concerned of an obese bird

Most Reactions