Helicoptor Question

stephend

Jun 7, 2011
Denver
Parrots
Acorn - a Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure;
Bob - a Cockatiel;
Cricket - an American Budgie
Bob is a tiel. He will be fully flighted eventually, and is currently an uncertain flyer; I have seen him fly up, but not often.

I have always wanted one of those small indoor radio controlled helicoptors (Newegg.com - S018 Mini Airwolf RC Remote Control Helicopter) not necessarily that model, but something similar to fly around inside. I have never thought to get one when I was comfortable paying for it and so I do not currently have one.

I was wondering if it would present a threat to Bob's well being?

Maybe you should take up something safer for your parrot...like juggling chainsaws.

Birds learn flight naturally unless there is a physical problem. Of course a helicopter flying in the air would be a threat to a small bird anyway your wrap it. We are expected to be a responsible guardians for our birds.

Last edited:
You mentioned
I was wondering if it would present a threat to Bob's well being?

Perhaps you should have purchased a helicopter rather than a bird, to even consider flying one near the bird leaves me speechless.

Last edited:
I think this is not a good idea. Not only could it harm your bird physically, but I imagine it would stress and scare your bird as well. My birds can't even handle a floating balloon

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back