Hello from Raynham

Moon

Feb 16, 2010
:orange:
Hello all.... I am the proud co-owner of a Sun Conure. I have never had a parrot before and honestly wasnt too keene on him when I moved in with my boyfriend and realized the bird had a whole room to himself! I couldnt believe someone would want to do that. There used to be 2 of them. After a unfortunate accident one of them died. I was just getting used to him and able to feed him a peanut through the door everyday. l like to think he was beginning to like me as I was them. After Ernie's passing, I sat everyday in front of Burt's door to his room and talked to him for about an hour or two in the mornings while checking my emails and such. Then I began playing Bob Marley's 3 Little Birds everday. He would screech and screech (in a happy conure kind of way) so I finally got brave and went in his room. After about three tries and a couple of hard bites....he relaxed and hung out with me. I would esp go in at night when he was ready for bed and put him to bed and he is very sweet at that time of day. Slowly Burt and I fell for each other (LOL) ... now I absolutely Love him!! In his room we have a recliner and TV for him. So we can sit in there for long periods of time with him. I have even started to scour the internet to find ways to keep him happy. I am lucky to not be working ... I really think it helped him when Ernie passed.

Stacye and Tiki

Jan 16, 2010
Media
Parrots
Yellow-sided Green Cheek Conure - Tiki, Green Cheek Conure - Dexter
Welcome! It's good you were able to be such a comfort to him after his friend passed. Hope you enjoy the forums :)

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Hi glad you have joined us !!!
So much to learn, so many friendly members.
Sorry for your loss. You doing a great job with Burt, keep it up.
Each and everyday will be such a growing experience.
There is no love like a bird's love
Take care, and that of our feathered friends !!!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts