Hello! New Nanday Conure!

AldoAndAce

Jul 11, 2017
Virginia
Parrots
5 Year Old Nanday Conure named Aldo
Hello everyone! My name is Ace and I just became the owner, rather unexpectedly, of an adorable Nanday Conure named Aldo. He will be 5 in August, and we're having a great time getting to know him! He is very friendly with me, but a little more hesitant with my husband. I think he will warm up. We got him from a lady who really wasn't able to care for him, and he seems healthy and social enough, but I'm new to conures, so any tips are welcomed!!

Look forward to meeting people and learning more about my new buddy Aldo!

Ace:green2:

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Hello Ace, and welcome to the Parrot Forums family!

It's a great start that Aldo is already feeling comfortable with you. To ensure proper socialization and to help avoid the possibility of him becoming a one person bird, make sure to have him go regularly to your husband as well. He can offer treats to encourage the process. Also, you'll want to do the same with any friends or family that you have over. The more he comes to associate treats with going to other people, the friendlier he'll be... as opposed to only wanting to go to you.

Looking forward to pics of Aldo!

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
Absolutely, the trick is to socialize socialize socialize! I know it makes my ego feel great when JoJo is so good with me, but I really want everyone to like him as much as I do!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Hello, and welcome!
I absoutely love Nandays. The few I have known well are/were deightfullittle bundles of energy and charm..

Oliver17

Oct 2, 2017
Midwest,USA
Parrots
Green Cheek Named Garth
Welcome, sounds like your best friend to a good start, the people on these forums are awesome, read and learn

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
A warm welcome to Ace and Aldo! Please share the adventure and lots of photos!

Most Reactions