How to Post Pictures

bungle

Aug 21, 2016
Media
Bristol
Parrots
Ringneck called Rio
Hi.
Im desperate to post some pictures but im having trouble.
I go to the Add album, but nowhere on the screen do i have a option to upload image?
Ive tried to also copy a image from facebook of Rio(my ringneck) but it wont paste.
Any ideas?
x

bungle

Aug 21, 2016
Media
Bristol
Parrots
Ringneck called Rio
Its ok, ive sorted it now, Well my son did! I didnt realize i had to make the album and submit it before adding the photo, Silly me lol

Astorch

Mar 12, 2016
Media
Parrots
1 parakeet
But now I need to learn how to start an album, I can take an iPad picture, then it's in my photos on the iPad, how do I get it into the parrot forum album?

Kentuckienne

Supporting Vendor
Oct 9, 2016
Middle of nowhere (kentuckianna)
Parrots
Roommates include Gus, Blue and gold macaw rescue and Coco, secondhand amazon
One thing I just learned...on the iPad there is no right-click button to copy the image location. If I open the photo in a new window, I see the two items at the bottom of the page containing the links to copy - but I can't get the device to select the whole line. So I highlight the URL, copy it, go back to the post, choose insert image, paste the URL. Once it's inserted I can go back and change the .html to .jpg and then I'm good.

copied the URL, pasted it in using the dialog box for insert image, then changed the .html ending to .jpg, and it worked. It's easier to post photos from a computer.

4Nines

Administrator
Apr 6, 2009
I would like to post some pictures, but do not have the badge labelled albums on my profile page!!! What do I do?

You can upload them to the gallery here: Parrot Forum's Gallery

Or you can use the attachment tool to attach a photo to a post in the toolbar located in the reply box. See below.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-12-19 at 12.18.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-12-19 at 12.18.23 PM.png
    88.7 KB · Views: 198

Sherbert.the.Bird

May 12, 2017
California
Parrots
Lutino Bourke's Parakeet
I'm still having some difficulty posting pictures. I can upload them no problem... but they always get rotated for some reason. Any way to fix this?

Sherbert.the.Bird

May 12, 2017
California
Parrots
Lutino Bourke's Parakeet
Thanks. Not my smartest moment lol. I don't like that I have to take all my pictures that way or they'll be rotated... but what can ya do?:p

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Just an update in the wake of all that has happened with Photobucket. Unless you've paid the new fees on their site subscription, pics there can no longer be posted/linked to 3rd party sites (ie, any site not their own).

As such, my personal recommendation is to use the image hosting site Imgur. I find it very simple to post pics from there to here, and it's FREE!

1) Upload your pics to Imgur
2) Click on the uploaded photo that you want to post to the forum
3) Look at the URL address options to the right and copy the one under BB Code (message boards and forums)
4) Paste the code directly into your reply window and post away!

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
Just an update in the wake of all that has happened with Photobucket. Unless you've paid the new fees on their site subscription, pics there can no longer be posted/linked to 3rd party sites (ie, any site not their own).

As such, my personal recommendation is to use the image hosting site Imgur. I find it very simple to post pics from there to here, and it's FREE!

1) Upload your pics to Imgur
2) Click on the uploaded photo that you want to post to the forum
3) Look at the URL address options to the right and copy the one under BB Code (message boards and forums)
4) Paste the code directly into your reply window and post away!
For those of us that had to fight our way through this, this thread was very helpful!

http://www.parrotforums.com/testing-testing/74172-pic-test.html

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Thanks for that link, David. I hadn't seen it. Glad this thread has been helpful.

raj914

Apr 17, 2018
Media
Albums
Manila
Parrots
4 Tiels
Pair of SC
Pair of IRN
Pair of Ecky
Indoor SC (Bruce)
Indoor CAG (Jean)
I was going to update my thread and post some pics but I can't post pics even after using imgur. :(

DiscoDuck

Banned
Banned
Jun 9, 2012
Media
Wilmington DE - Landenberg PA
Parrots
Rudy - Hybrid Ruby Macaw Born 6/6/15 Scarlet Mother/Green Wing Father - Oliver BFA RIP 3/15/15 @ 34yo. Without you, I would not have Rudy. Thank you!
its tedious . but the album function works just fine.
discoduck-albums-rudy-brandywine-picture19736-0109181406.jpg

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
I was going to update my thread and post some pics but I can't post pics even after using imgur. :(

Test and reread!

I agree. Please reread the instructions and try again. I just want to make sure that you haven't missed something in the process. Otherwise, there might be an issue specific to your computer or your browser setup.

lplummer52

Apr 19, 2016
Indialantic, FL
Parrots
"Birdie". Sun Conure
I have finally learned how to post photos, but what a n awkward way to post pics. I have a bunch of great Birdie pics, but too much trouble to post. Can’t we find a better way? This is for Technical Suppirt I guess.

lplummer52

Apr 19, 2016
Indialantic, FL
Parrots
"Birdie". Sun Conure
I have finally learned how to post photos, but what a n awkward way to post pics. I have a bunch of great Birdie pics, but too much trouble to post. Can’t we find a better way? This is for Technical Suppirt I guess.

Most Reactions