How to Post Pictures

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I have finally learned how to post photos, but what a n awkward way to post pics. I have a bunch of great Birdie pics, but too much trouble to post. Can’t we find a better way? This is for Technical Suppirt I guess.

Have you uploaded your images to Imgur before posting. This is the easiest way I know. From Imgur it is easy, no need to mess with the forum image icons to post in a thread.

john8terry

Jan 24, 2019
I have finally learned how to post photos, but what a n awkward way to post pics. I have a bunch of great Birdie pics, but too much trouble to post. Can’t we find a better way? This is for Technical Suppirt I guess.

Have you uploaded your images to Imgur before posting. This is the easiest way I know. From Imgur it is easy, no need to mess with the forum image icons to post in a thread.
What is imgur?

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)

What is imgur?

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

imgur is a photo sharing site. It just allowed you to upload your photos to the internet for easy access and sharing. https://imgur.com/

Aves99

Aug 12, 2019
So. CA
Parrots
Red-Bellied Parrots, Senegal, Amazons, House Sparrow, Cockatoos, Cockatiels and a Dusky conure
What is the maximum size for photos? Thanks.

Ellie777Australia

Apr 12, 2019
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
SI Eclectus Female, Ellie; RS/SI Eclectus Male, Bertie (both adopted as rescue/re-home)

Hi Aves99, I'm not a techy first off...my question is why the question? Members appear to be using different methods to upload wherein the members 'tool for uploading' may affect pic size upload ability. Did you have a problem with the site or the tool? If the problem with upload is 'site specific' then one of the mods can assist or consult admin to assist. Just needing to clarify what you are asking? And, bumping your question at the same time....:)

Aves99

Aug 12, 2019
So. CA
Parrots
Red-Bellied Parrots, Senegal, Amazons, House Sparrow, Cockatoos, Cockatiels and a Dusky conure

Hi Aves99, I'm not a techy first off...my question is why the question? Members appear to be using different methods to upload wherein the members 'tool for uploading' may affect pic size upload ability. Did you have a problem with the site or the tool? If the problem with upload is 'site specific' then one of the mods can assist or consult admin to assist. Just needing to clarify what you are asking? And, bumping your question at the same time....:)

I generally reduce the size of my photos when posting on the internet. I know some websites limit the file size and that is what I was referring to. I generally keep the file size for photos I upload to about 300 kb or less.

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
If you click on the paper clip for direct uploads, it has the size limit for different file types!
Oops, to see the paper clip, you first need to go advanced!

Last edited:

Aves99

Aug 12, 2019
So. CA
Parrots
If you click on the paper clip for direct uploads, it has the size limit for different file types!
Oops, to see the paper clip, you first need to go advanced!

Will check that out. Thank you.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Great advice above!

Just remember, the best way to avoid any of those size or memory restrictions and such is to just use a photo sharing site. The one I usually recommend is Imgur. Free and easy to use.

Check back to my post (#51) in this thread for a step-by-step on how to use Imgur to post pics on this site.

Melscamp

Oct 31, 2019
NY
Parrots
Hunny Bunny Munny Sunny & Roger the parakeets
I'm guessing videos would be the same but I can't seem to upload any videos here. I guess I can start being a YouTuber.
I see this tread is really old but I'm new here, lol.

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
Anyone have Imgur advice? I could only get the BBCOde from the website, not the app. Now that they’ve gone app only, I have no clue how to imbed a photo from Imgur, i can only post a link to the photo:(

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Anyone have Imgur advice? I could only get the BBCOde from the website, not the app. Now that they’ve gone app only, I have no clue how to imbed a photo from Imgur, i can only post a link to the photo:(

I use Imgur from my desktop, and I open the picture in a new window, then copy the link from the address bar and post it using the picture icon here.

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
I sometimes post photos from Facebook by "copy and paste". Then it works few months and next disapears

Wysłane z mojego Redmi 5 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Echo24

Sep 8, 2019
Baton Rouge, LA
Parrots
1 Blue Quaker hatched 6/4/19. Just lost a Sun Conure so decided to fill the void with this baby Quaker.
I'm so frustrated, trying to upload pic of my Quaker. Followed the instructions and pic is uploaded but it is upside down. I edited the photo on my computer to be upside down and then tried again. I still came in here upside down. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Most Reactions