Hunter's 5th Surgery (& then 6th)

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
re: Hunter's 5th Surgery (& then 6th)

Thank you all!!! :heart:

She is doing well. Here she is, 24 hours after the surgery (just took this clip)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMMkBDHBLNY"]Hunter feeling better - YouTube[/ame]

:D Music to my ears!!!

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.

Ah she's a darling, a real trooper, so good to hear her happy and with no obvious ill effects of yesterday.

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012

Can't wait to get home so I can listen :)

Love how they are such buddies .

Doo-doo, I forgot you don't have sound (yet). She's singing 'Don't worry - Be Happy', AND does the kissing noises!!! :heart:

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/

Awesome video! So great to see her happy self! :D

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie

Wendy, I'm glad that the surgery went well with Hunter, and she is home in your wonderful care now :).

At least you know that the condition is hereditary, but I hope this is the last time you have to deal with it nonetheless! The video is SO cute!

torrap

Jun 10, 2013
CO, USA
Parrots
Marley-YSA (hen) -hatched 07/20/2006;
Simba-DYHA (hen)-hatched 06/23/2003

Oh Wendy. I haven't been to the forum for a while. Just opened it, and see these news first...... :(.
I am sorry to hear about things you and Hunter had to go through.
It's so cute she is singing 'Don't worry - Be Happy', how appropriate..... :).
The best wishes for recovery.

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012

Sorry for the continued updates, but I'm just ELATED with Hunter's progress, and just wanna share with everyone.

Even though she was pretty chipper and active, she hasn't been eating the way she 'usually' does, so I helped her out again this evening.... :54: No, she would NOT refuse formula. Have a peak. I can't believe the feeding response on her, LMAO!!!

And as for Sam not wanting to leave her side, I REALLY have to watch his every move or ELSE. :11: (He 'can' be a stinker sometimes)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_98LubAwFzw"]Hunter eating part one - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umNAaq455UI"]Hunter eating part two - YouTube[/ame]

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012

PS. I didn't fill her up. Just gave her enough for her to develop an appetite on her own.... :D

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3MwiT7Zu0w"]Hunter eating on her own - YouTube[/ame]

BIRDIGIRL

Jan 25, 2016
Mayo Ireland
Parrots
Rodney Blue Fronted Amazon
RIP Mr Biggles White Fronted Amazon , Elsa and Little Nellow the Lutino Budgies, Lady Primrose a Pied Budgie and English Budgies Houdini Popeye and Olive

Just reading this now I missed yhis thread before but Im so glad Hunter is home and has come through the surgery so well and is recooperating nicely. Thank God all went well and Please God there will be no more complications or further surgeries needed. Stay Well Hunter you are Adorable and I love you singing your song :) <3

Mamaof3

Jan 25, 2016
Queens, NY
Parrots
Twix-Female Parakeet, Twizzle-male Parakeet, foster mommy to my mom's galah- Rosey

Aww…Poor baby girl!!! Yes lots of new toys and lots of love!!!

Brittany741

Feb 9, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Parrots
SI Eclectus (Ruby) - 11 / Eclectus (Wrangler) - 7 / Eclectus (Pinto) - 6 /
Red Sided Eclectus (Oliver) - 4 mos. /
White Bellied Caique (Dan) - 2 /
Foster Congo African Grey (Molly) - 6

Love the videos!

DexMom

Jul 18, 2015
New Jersey
Parrots
Dexter, SI Eclectus

I'm so glad Hunter is feeling better. I'm a bit north of you, but not so far that I wouldn't travel to your neck of the woods if we had an emergency or health concern. So, I'm filing those doctor's names for future reference (and hoping I never need them :) )

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts

Wendy, Hunter looks fantastic, hard to believe she just had surgery. She's such a darling to be so cooperative through this entire ordeal. How does it feel to be actively stalked by that handsome fellow giving you the Amazon eyes? Sam is obviously a force to be reckoned with!

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012

Wendy, Hunter looks fantastic, hard to believe she just had surgery. She's such a darling to be so cooperative through this entire ordeal. How does it feel to be actively stalked by that handsome fellow giving you the Amazon eyes? Sam is obviously a force to be reckoned with!

LMAO! Yes, Allee, indeed! Sam 'almost' attached himself to Mark's face this morning, who innocently came downstairs JUST as I was getting ready to put drops #2 into Hunter's eye. I had taken her into the laundry room, Mark walked by me, and he asked "What is Sam's problem?" Of course I was unable to see Sam from the laundry room, and I never had a chance to finish my sentence "Be care...." When Mark hollered something I can't and won't repeat here, and then Sam came flying by the laundry room. :54:

Hunter is doing GREAT this morning!! :heart: Singing, playing, very minimal swelling on the eye. I am so happy!!

Dinosrawr

Aug 15, 2013
Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Parrots
Avery, a GCC born on March 5th, 2013 & Shiko, a blue IRN born on February 25th, 2014

I just saw this, Wendy! I'm so sorry that Hunter had to go through yet another surgery, but I'm very elated to see how well she has recovered. I'm certain she absolutely LOVES all those new toys! I'll be crossing my fingers for you that it no longer returns. I also just love your zons' attitudes... they're hilarious! From a safe distance of course [emoji6][emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taw5106

Mar 27, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986

My goodness!! Poor Hunter, is this like a cyst and possibly a bit remains in the membrane which could be allowing it to come back? I'm glad she's recouping nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012

My goodness!! Poor Hunter, is this like a cyst and possibly a bit remains in the membrane which could be allowing it to come back? I'm glad she's recouping nicely.

No, not like a cyst, unfortunately. But you are right, it's imperative to get the entire mass out when removing it. Therein lies the issue. Hunter's xanthomas attached to her third eyelid(s), and it's not possible to remove the entire membrane since they need it to keep the eye(s) lubricated. So when removing them the vets have been more or less 'conservative', if you know what I mean. :)

Most Reactions