Parrot of the Month πŸ†
2022 Parrot of the Year πŸ†
Mar 15, 2022
Media
Fairfield Connecticut, USA
Parrots
Maddox is a green cheek conure
The antibiotics seem to be working !

Hes brighter , hes chatting again , hes chewing my coffee table and flying between us.

While we arent out of the woods yet , as he has to finish his meds, but i feel less worried now .
Amazing!

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
Been quietly following this and I’m so glad to hear the meds are working and Albie is feeling more like his usual charming self!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Stitch I’m so happy for you and Albie, what a wonderful homecoming for you! Still sending those good vibes and prayers for more happy updates and continued recovery for your sweet little man!! πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Now now Albie, don't go giving your mum too much of the runaround, you be a good birdie and take your meds! That's fantastic news Stitch, keep up the good work!!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
How is Albie feeling today? I hope he's still feeling better!

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
Hes doing great . Hes super vocal and active (he just screamed at me for not giving him pizza crust ,its almost 11pm! )

Hes flying off the moment he sees the bottle of meds or the syringe, but he resigns himself to having the meds once hes caught

Hes still a little shivery which worries me . I should hear from the vets monday with his results

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I'm hoping you get some wonderful results, and that his shivering soon goes away.
Pizza crust- they all seem to love that, don't they?

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
Ive gotten some of the results back

His haematology work up came back normal (liver,kidneys,blood chem,cholesterol) the swabs were inconclusive due to an over growth or something , they didnt have enough blood for his antibody test for chlamydia psittici so they are doing a PCR test

I gotta go collect more antibiotics on nday as they want him to continue them for an other 2 weeks at least

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
I'm so happy that the results you got back so far are good, and hopefully the rest will be as well.
When will you get the next round of results back?
How is he feeling today? Is the shivering any better?
I'm keeping those prayers coming for your sweet baby.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Oh Stitch, i hope you get the rest of those results back soon - waiting like this is so very hard! I hope he's doing better in himself though, and certainly more hugs and good health vibes for both of you coming from me too πŸ€— πŸ’–

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
I was worried his blood chem was gonna be bad considering his love affair with dairy and fries ,so while that was reassuring to hear ,it was also frustrating as well

His shivering is better but still doing it .

Most Reactions