I really need help, respitory infection???

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
After a respitory infection, can it be like leftover muccus that is still in her nares? She sneezed now and something like disharge is in there? Is it normal after respitory infection?
I know that when I have a respiratory infection I cough and sneeze mucus for quite a while after I'm better. Takes a while for the body to clear it out. But I don't know about birds. I've never had one with a respiratory infection.

OP
J

Josefin

Jul 27, 2022
Parrots
Two parrotlets
No this is the first time my bird caught a respitory infection, rignt now she still had this kind of klickning noise in her nares, i saw also today that it came out muccus from her mouth that possibly is from her nares. I will call a vet and ask about that cuase i have no idea. Is there anny suggestions how i can kind of help her get rid of the muccus?

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
You could take her in the bathroom and turn on a hot shower to steam up the room. A lot of birds love the steam and it would help clear sinuses. (Just make sure you supervise her around the hot water.)

LoveOfallAnimals

Jul 17, 2022
Texas
Parrots
Eclectus - Female - Tequila
Red-Lored Amazon - Male - Tito
Albino Indian Ringneck - Female - Tia
No this is the first time my bird caught a respitory infection, rignt now she still had this kind of klickning noise in her nares, i saw also today that it came out muccus from her mouth that possibly is from her nares. I will call a vet and ask about that cuase i have no idea. Is there anny suggestions how i can kind of help her get rid of the muccus?
I would follow up with the vet just to make sure.

OP
J

Josefin

Jul 27, 2022
Parrots
Two parrotlets
It seems that the infection is still there and her mouth breathing may have come back, its monday tomorrow so i will call a vet. But im just so sad and worried if this round of antibiotic will not work , and we will have vacation in 6 days and i dont know if i should stay home in that case if she needs more meds

Most Reactions

Latest posts