I really need help, respitory infection???

Josefin

Jul 27, 2022
Parrots
Two parrotlets
I really do not know what to do en, my bird seems to breathe with her beak open, she sneezed wet, but now she just sneezes. There is no vet open becuase it is sunday, i gave her a humidifier, she eats okay but i am worried. I just have so much anexiety from my last trio to the vet that was a month ago and almost bled to death.

I hope a vet could take her tomorrow… is it something else i could do to make her feel better??? I really do not want to lose her, she also is molting

Please help!!!!

Last edited:

Luqman

Apr 16, 2023
Parrots
Cockatiels and budgies
I really do not know what to do en, my bird seems to breathe with her beak open, she sneezed wet, but now she just sneezes. There is no vet open becuase it is sunday, i gave her a humidifier, she eats okay but i am worried. I just have so much anexiety from my last trio to the vet that was a month ago and almost bled to death.

I hope a vet could take her tomorrow… is it something else i could do to make her feel better??? I really do not want to lose her, she also is molting

Please help!!!!
I am not a bird expert, but maybe try calling other vets from different states that open to ask about it or just pray until tomorrow, yeah I know how you feel, we just got to pray, good luck tho!!!

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Until you can get to the vet, the humidifier is a good idea, or maybe take her in the bathroom while you shower, for some warm steamy air. Keep her warm, as maintaining body temperature uses a ton of calories, that if she's ill, she can't afford to lose. Hopefully everything will be fine until the vet can see her. 🙏

Please keep us posted.

OP
J

Josefin

Jul 27, 2022
Parrots
Two parrotlets
I am not a bird expert, but maybe try calling other vets from different states that open to ask about it or just pray until tomorrow, yeah I know how you feel, we j to pray, good luck tho!!!
Thankyou!

OP
J

Josefin

Jul 27, 2022
Parrots
Two parrotlets
This is the worst, now my one bird is sick and know it had a fight with her sister so she scratched her eye, so now she also needs to go to the vet, poor babies, the other bird closes one eye so i guess its a scratch becuase she squints with one eye.

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
Seperate them! If one is sick put them in quaratine......travel cage or the like.

OP
J

Josefin

Jul 27, 2022
Parrots
Two parrotlets

This is what she does, when she opens her mouth

OP
J

Josefin

Jul 27, 2022
Parrots
Two parrotlets
right now she has a humidifier in the room, ive thought a little deeper about why she is sick, and then i remeber for about a week ago we took our birds home from their babysitter that had them in a week. We were on vacation that week. when they were there she did not have her heat lamp, it was really important to keep her warm from her blood loss and that maybe got her to kind of get a cold? She only breathes with her mouth open after she sneezes, but when shes not sneezing she is normal, i quite see some irritation around the nares aswell, hopefully its treatable with medecine, like antibiotics for respitory infection. Or it could have a conection with molting.

Luqman

Apr 16, 2023
Parrots
Cockatiels and budgies
right now she has a humidifier in the room, ive thought a little deeper about why she is sick, and then i remeber for about a week ago we took our birds home from their babysitter that had them in a week. We were on vacation that week. when they were there she did not have her heat lamp, it was really important to keep her warm from her blood loss and that maybe got her to kind of get a cold? She only breathes with her mouth open after she sneezes, but when shes not sneezing she is normal, i quite see some irritation around the nares aswell, hopefully its treatable with medecine, like antibiotics for respitory infection. Or it could have a conection with molting.
hello any updates?

OP
J

Josefin

Jul 27, 2022
Parrots
Two parrotlets
So today we will take her to a vet, she is still sneezing and breathes with her mouth open , she acts pretty normal but i think she has a infection, om gonna give her boiled eggs. Hopefully it Will go well and i will uptade you!

OP
J

Josefin

Jul 27, 2022
Parrots
Two parrotlets
Update! My bird got antibiotics! The vet said that it was hard to know what it is, but it said somethibg with her lunga and that is most likely a respitory infection, i will come back to the vet in a few days and see if it gets better with the medecine, she shows the signs of respitory infection. I got a little worried now becuase she got her medecine but then kind of looking like she choked, but now i guess its a little better but she opens her mouth and making clicking noises, hopefully it will go away but it was a very stressful day.

OP
J

Josefin

Jul 27, 2022
Parrots
Two parrotlets
Do you think she will be okay? Im just worried…

OP
J

Josefin

Jul 27, 2022
Parrots
Two parrotlets
do you think a lung infection is a bacterial infektion of you have any experiences?

OP
J

Josefin

Jul 27, 2022
Parrots
Two parrotlets
Uptdate!!

Hello everyone so as you mau know my partotlet is sick, some kind of respitory infection most likely, the vet could not really say what it was becuase we could not get a Scan of her becuase she could mostly die becuase she has it hard to breathe. But anyway she still wants to eat, and she preens herself a LOT. Her sneezing may have reduced also! She got antibiotc recently so that we hope will work! Rn she just needs to rest and let her lungs heal!

Luqman

Apr 16, 2023
Parrots
Cockatiels and budgies
Uptdate!!

Hello everyone so as you mau know my partotlet is sick, some kind of respitory infection most likely, the vet could not really say what it was becuase we could not get a Scan of her becuase she could mostly die becuase she has it hard to breathe. But anyway she still wants to eat, and she preens herself a LOT. Her sneezing may have reduced also! She got antibiotc recently so that we hope will work! Rn she just needs to rest and let her lungs heal!
Thank goodness, I hope you and your parrot will stay healthy!

OP
J

Josefin

Jul 27, 2022
Parrots
Two parrotlets
Uptdate, i dont know the symptoms wont go away but she still eats, i dont know what to do and we will take her to a vet today…

OP
J

Josefin

Jul 27, 2022
Parrots
Two parrotlets
does antibiotics medication make it worse then it gets better in the start? What are the side effects?

OP
J

Josefin

Jul 27, 2022
Parrots
Two parrotlets
Okay rn, my bird do not sneeze so much but i hear like its a sneeze but it sounds wet? Does that mean that the bacteria starts do ”dissolve ”?

Most Reactions

Latest posts