I think Cal was born lucky!

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
Anytime I've needed anything for her, it's been readily available, easy to get and convenient!!! hehe.

I was on the lookout for a "bigger, smaller" cage for the shop. She has her huge one upstairs and a smaller one for coming down into the shop and sleeping. I wanted bigger, but all I the ones I saw were on stands or smaller than the one she has. I like to look at the cage before I buy it and was beginning to think I'd have to order off the net which wasn't ideal.

Yesterday morning, I was cleaning her cage(just the bottom bit thankfully!!!) when I tripped up in the kitchen and the cage bottom flew out of my hands before I hit the ground. It was a bit owee, but then I looked at her cage - big piece had broken off the bottom :(

I managed to slot it in and fix it from the outside and secure it(didn't look broken on the inside either! - very glad Cal isn't a bottom cage dweller or she'd have probably poked it and poked it!) I then propped books against it to be sure!!!

Dave was out though so I was stuck for a few hours. I had a look on ebay. What do you know? A bigger smaller cage available in the same town lol. They had upgraded their senegal to a bigger one over a year ago and the cage has just been sitting.

For the princely sum of £12. Dave is collecting it now.

I don't think there's much to lose here. The scrubbing utensils are at the ready, her own perches will fit the depth and if it's awful, she has her huge cage until we can replace.

I said it was a great find: Excuse the awful saying but 2 birds with one stone - a bigger, smaller cage!

Dave said: One bird who has 3 cages you mean!!!

hehehehehehe

Luck just follows her around! :D

PS: On another note...too funny. She decided to have a bath in her dish (her bottle broke about a fortnight ago ooooh!) and then sat in a grump because I couldn't take her out for a cuddle to get dry! (In the shop and on my own!!!) I fetched my hairdryer from the kitchen and put it on low from a long way away. We should have named her Marilyn Monroe....you should have seen it lol.

OP
V

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
The cage is BRILLIANT!

Lots more room for the pudding! Off to scrub scrub scrub!

First people we've dealt with on ebay who are a bit odd....

Dave says he knocked on the door. The door opened, the cage was shoved out and the door closed. :S

Then as he stood in shock and picked it up the door opened. "What's going in it then?"

"A sun conure."

Door shut!!!!

Whhhhhhhaaaaa???? lol.

mellykyitus

Oct 22, 2010
Media
south wales UK
Parrots
Angel the blue and gold macaw, mimsy the lesser sulphur too, rocky the galah & willow the blue crowned conure.
strange people! still at least cal has her new cage! has she seen it yet? x

OP
V

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
Not yet, I've just had brekkie, then I will scrub it and dry it and then we shall see!

We're wondering what on earth to put on their ebay feedback now!!!

Dave reckons this: Such nice, helpful people, nothing too much trouble, SO polite!

hahahahah!

SharonC

May 26, 2010
Oh well...People are "odd" to say the least! LOL! But you've got the cage, so all is well! Looking forward to seeing it!:)

OP
V

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
lol after much scrubbage and buffing and organising Cal is in.

I put her in and she said: oooooooooh. Thankyou! She's been tootling round laughing and saying thankyou all the while!! She did a few circuits, obviously to make sure Mum didn't forget any of her stuff! She's now in her happy hut bumbling away. I think the general consensus is she likes it!

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Cal was certainly born lucky...........
Having you as her guardian is another bonus........
Dave her "daddy" what can I say.... Such nice, helpful people, nothing too much trouble, SO polite!
LoL I wish I could have seen Dave's face

Glad to hear Cal is enjoying her new home, imagine how exciting it is for her

OP
V

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
LOL ANT!!! I love your emotes......that is probably EXACTLY what he was like!!!

He's so sociable and cheery...it came as such a shock to him!!!

Thankyou for the kind words! <3

I have just managed to take some pics. Cal is currently eating her apple and grape (her fave). I thought she may need some placating and reassurance what with moving house.....silly me! hehe

Smearing stuff everywhere already....right at home I think!

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
That is the quickest home settling phase I have ever witnessed
Normally a bird would go sit in one place, suss out the new "home" and start investigating later, rather than sooner.
BUY not Cal OMG
Cal just into anything (her new cage) and everything (apples and grapes) all in one go.
Great job their Von and Dave

Sure Cal is thinking "Home Sweet Home" One big happy family

OP
V

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
I was all set for sitting upstairs with her for the rest of the day in the quiet!

Not our Cal! It honestly is as if it's a normal day!

So I thought: Best make it a normal day then or she'll be going mad about not being in the shop!

As usual though, I am happy if she is happy!

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
I was all set for sitting upstairs with her for the rest of the day in the quiet!

Not our Cal! It honestly is as if it's a normal day!

So I thought: Best make it a normal day then or she'll be going mad about not being in the shop!

As usual though, I am happy if she is happy!

Cal and Mishka are definitely related, they have no fear.
Mishka head dives into almost everything as well.
With my previous AG Gigi, I had to sit by her cage for 3 days, feeding her pellets and water, she was petrified of her new cage.

OP
V

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
hehe! Yes, I think they probably are!

She never seems to be spooked by anything. Not even us when we first had her. Just more "my way or the highway" lol.

I couldn't believe her reactions though. She's swinging on her rope as usual right now, has been all over the place numerous times, found all her dishes and had something from them.....she's stopped swinging and has gone to investigate the new perches! They are plastic so I was able to scrub them up really thoroughly! She isn't a perch kinda girl lol so that is a bit of a shock lol!

mellykyitus

Oct 22, 2010
Media
south wales UK
Parrots
Angel the blue and gold macaw, mimsy the lesser sulphur too, rocky the galah & willow the blue crowned conure.
i love her new cage, what a bargain! she looks like that cat that got the cream.....no wait, the conure that got the grape! x

OP
V

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
hahaha! Thanks Melly!

She's been very active and vocal lol. I'm delighted for her. I think she must think it's Christmas but noooo we still have that to come! hehe xx

mellykyitus

Oct 22, 2010
Media
south wales UK
Parrots
42 days and counting!! i love christmas xx

lisamarie973

Sep 25, 2010
Bradenton, FL.
Parrots
Maui - Male CAG (my baby) (Mom's babies) KiKi - Sun Conure, Fred & Wilma - Fisher Lovebirds, Gully,Sweetie,Baby - Cockatiels, Mork & Mindy - Zebra Finches Luna,Sky,Jilly - Budgies 16 Gouldian Finches
Funny that you guys say that Cal and Mishka have no fear. Neither does Maui!!! He just isn't sketchy about anything really, ever. Toys, new people, doesn't matter, he takes it all in stride. I'm thrilled about it, really, I'd much rather. It's one of the biggest reasons I HAD to clip him, if he were to get out, he'd be happily greeting his predators, because he just thinks every creature is going to love him. Bless his heart!

OP
V

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
Awww Lisa! Sweet hearted Maui!

I think that's incredibly cute. We were very fortunate to be paired with such "warriors" lol.

Most Reactions