softie

Apr 1, 2021
India
Parrots
2 Indian Ringnecks
Hey! Okay so I'm new here and I'm also a new mother to two baby ringnecks who are just a month old. (Yes, I have learnt how to properly handfeed them and I have been handfeeding them since they were 15 days old) I'm in India so it's pretty common to adopt baby birds.

So since I come here for every other small thing I thought why not make an account here to ask my own questions even though they are pretty silly hehe ^^

I'm so excited to meet all of you here and I hope I can make new friends <3 Don't be hesitant to hmu I love meeting new friends! :green::white1:

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Welcome.
You found the right place... this is a wonderful community for parrot lovers.
I'm glad you're all here!

9lhIlM0.jpg

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer “Scree� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
Welcome - so glad you signed up. Please share pics of your babies :)

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome, we love new members! No such thing as a silly question, we're all here to share and learn!!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Hi softie! You should be able to post a thumbnail pic along with your post. Click the "go advanced" button underneath the text box, then click the paper clip icon. You will then get the "choose file" button, so then click the "upload" button on the right, close out of that box and post. The picture should show as a thumbnail under your text.

Don't be concerned if the pic comes through sideways or upside-down, a friendly Moderator will be happy to fix that up for you. I'd love to see your babies too :)

Cardinal

Jul 1, 2014
India
Parrots
Currently I have none, but I have the capacity to adopt a minimum and maximum of two budgies - preferably a bonded pair or two males.
Hey! Okay so I'm new here and I'm also a new mother to two baby ringnecks who are just a month old.old) I'm in India so it's pretty common to adopt baby birds.

So since I come here for every other small thing I thought why not make an account here hite1:

Greetings softie

Welcome to the Parrot forums. It is probably the best place on the net for getting advice on Parrot care. However I can't help point out to you that while it is indeed common in many parts our vast country to "adopt" baby wild caught Parakeets, it is technically illegal. Please bear that in mind. But in the circumstances the birds are probably better off with you
But please do not encourage others to do same. .
Which part of India are you from?

Cheers

Avin

Last edited:
OP
S

softie

Apr 1, 2021
India
Parrots
2 Indian Ringnecks
Hi softie! You should be able to post a thumbnail pic along with your post. Click the "go advanced" button underneath the text box, then click the paper clip icon. You will then get the "choose file" button, so then click the "upload" button on the right, close out of that box and post. The picture should show as a thumbnail under your text.

Don't be concerned if the pic comes through sideways or upside-down, a friendly Moderator will be happy to fix that up for you. I'd love to see your babies too :)

Thanks a lot for the tip I'll try it off in the next thread!

OP
S

softie

Apr 1, 2021
India
Parrots
2 Indian Ringnecks
Hey! Okay so I'm new here and I'm also a new mother to two baby ringnecks who are just a month old.old) I'm in India so it's pretty common to adopt baby birds.

So since I come here for every other small thing I thought why not make an account here hite1:

Greetings softie

Welcome to the Parrot forums. It is probably the best place on the net for getting advice on Parrot care. However I can't help point out to you that while it is indeed common in many parts our vast country to "adopt" baby wild caught Parakeets, it is technically illegal. Please bear that in mind. But in the circumstances the birds are probably better off with you
But please do not encourage others to do same. .
Which part of India are you from?

Cheers

Avin

Hey! I actually found out about them being illegal in India after I got them and actually I found it out yesterday when I took them to the vet and they didn't check them because they're 'illegal' to keep -_- But now I'm way too attached to them and they are to me -I guess- to give them to wildlife T.T
I'm from Hyderabad where are you from?

Cardinal

Jul 1, 2014
India
Parrots
Currently I have none, but I have the capacity to adopt a minimum and maximum of two budgies - preferably a bonded pair or two males.
I am from Bangalore . At this juncture the birds are best being with you. Because rescue shelters may not have expertise to take care of young ones. But being aware that they are illegal and developing good friendships with the forest department etc will be good in long term for your new babies.
:yellow1::yellow1::yellow1:

OP
S

softie

Apr 1, 2021
India
Parrots
2 Indian Ringnecks
I am from Bangalore . At this juncture the birds are best being with you. Because rescue shelters may not have expertise to take care of young ones. But being aware that they are illegal and developing good friendships with the forest department etc will be good in long term for your new babies.

I'm scared they're gonna take them away or something T.T These babies are my life!!
Also, my best friend studies in Bangalore!!

Cardinal

Jul 1, 2014
India
Parrots

I'm scared they're gonna take them away or something T.T These babies are my life!!
Also, my best friend studies in Bangalore!!

No one is going to bother if you don't share images on WhatsApp and videos on Youtube etc. Just silently mind your own business and don 't show you birds except to trustworthy friends.

Most Reactions

Latest posts