Introducing foster bird, Joey

sonja

Jul 31, 2012
Here is one of my foster parrots, Joey, a Red lored Amazon. He was given up by his previous owner due to her own health problems. Honestly, Joey is one of the most challenging parrots I've ever had. He does not like me, and he tries my patience, but I do think there is some improvement in his behavior since he got here. He is available for adoption to an appropriate home in the Maryland area. He is a beautiful bird.

100_9556.jpg

100_9558.jpg

Thanks for looking!

He is very handsome! I have a rescue amazon that is also a challenge. I just had her on the couch with me and I was trying to give her a little head rub, she would put up with just a few moments then that was cut short with a quick nip. I measure our steps in if I need a bandaid or not! LOL no not really but she is truly a challenging girl! I hope yours finds a wonderful home! It is so great that you are fostering these birds, I just looked at hawkeye, He is adorable!

beautiful bird!! When I get told they're "difficult" I usually take that as a challenge, of course I'm a tad hardheaded too :rolleyes:

Hey sonja, Joey looks like an older import bird (open USDA band) .he might have been a breeder bird at one time, so don't stress over him not liking you. I have an older RLA male who is also a wild caught bird (Mickie) but he loves my wife and hates me. Mickie is also a rescue from California.It took along time for us to get him to eat fresh food and about 3 months to get him to come out of his cage. But he's doing great now,with my wife at least, LOL. Here's a video of him helping my wife feed baby tiels. This is after being with us about 6 months.

[ame=http://youtu.be/EZWqCdUGxt4]MVI 0071 - YouTube[/ame]

:DThanks, Pecked. As long as he's having a decent life, I guess it doesn't really matter if he likes me. I am fortunate that he eats well. I have no history on him at all, and no idea of his age, so your guess may well be on target.

Very cute video henpecked, beautiful bird. I'm always captivated by zon's colors. I wouldn't feel bad sonja. With the type of work that you do I'm sure you'll be able to find a good match for him one day. Even if he doesn't like you, at least he is being taken care of until his forever home is found. :D

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back