CarolineBradley

Jun 28, 2018
Queensland Australia
Parrots
Sunny (Sun Conure):
Keito (GC Conure):
Paris (RB cockatoo/Galah)
Picaro (Nanday) RIP
That last one reminds me of a teen surrounded in designer clothes, like "what? this is just my boring life..duh!" LOL
Very cute pictures!!

That's very Sunny.. Like, yea, like I'm only happy if the human folk fawn on me, 'cause I'm adorable, duh...

Wow Caroline and Sunny! Way to add some colour to a drab winter's morning (in Brisbane anyway!)

GO TEAM :D

That glorious rain! Sunny and I where rain dancing this morning..
YAY team Brissie!!

Caroline, it's been a while! We've missed you and your photo skills with beautiful Sunny. Gorgeous as ever!

Oh we have missed you guys and the amazing photos! Although we have been lurking :)

CarolineBradley

Jun 28, 2018
Queensland Australia
Parrots
Sunny (Sun Conure):
Keito (GC Conure):
Picaro (Nanday) RIP
Oh, wow, wow, wowwwwwwwwwwww...

Sunny and Bumble, you don't even NEED fabulous produce around, with your spectacular plumages. So, so pretty. I don't even KNOW if there are NAMES for your colors. I absolutely get the giggles imagining professional color-namers at paint companies like Sherwin-Wlliams, trying to dream up names for those hues...

Thank you for those photos. Wow. Oh, I already said that!

Thank you!
I can think of some names for the colours... Diva, Prince-screams-a-lot, demand (I imagine this to be a yellow), etc etc..

CarolineBradley

Jun 28, 2018
Queensland Australia
Parrots
Sunny (Sun Conure):
Keito (GC Conure):
Picaro (Nanday) RIP
Bumbleā€™s late afternoon snack
8f5f306688fc31b9ea55f37e872ec0a1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bumble is just gorgeous! Showing off those innocent eyes!
Butter wouldn't melt!

Inger

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Mar 30, 2020
Texas
Parrots
13 cockatiels 2 sun conures
Here is my submission for the June photo contest. This is Rio and Cosmo hanging off my wife's favorite wall hanging.

AVaHDcx.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Noahs_Birds

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Oct 24, 2019
Toowoomba/Highfields, QLD, Australia
Parrots
Yellow Sided GCC's, Rosa Bourkes Parrots, Full Red Fronted Turqoisine Parrots, Quaker Parrots 'Scomo PM' 'Jenny PM's wife', PLUS: Rare Finches, Doves and Quail
This is my entry.....My best Gouldian male with one of this years Rosa Bourkes hen's I bred enjoying some Cooch Grass

NrCIDWM.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0067.jpg
    IMG_0067.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 128

Inger

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
This is my entry.....My best Gouldian male with one of this years Rosa Bourkes hen's I bred enjoying some Cooch Grass

Your Gouldian is absolutely stunning. They never look real to me, even when Iā€™m looking at one in real life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Here is my submission for the June photo contest. This is Rio and Cosmo hanging off my wife's favorite wall hanging.

AVaHDcx.jpg

Just goes to prove that, no matter what it is, your birds will find the one thing you don't want them messing with and find it IRRESISTIBLE!

Last edited:

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
This is my entry.....My best Gouldian male with one of this years Rosa Bourkes hens I bred enjoying some Cooch Grass

NrCIDWM.jpg

Noah your Gouldian is like an amazing work of art :)

Last edited:

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Working from home and having to do video conferencing is tricky these days when you have a squawking macaw trying to entertain themselves LOL. We found that she loves chopsticks. We have plenty. So today I decided to give her a banana kebob, with just a tiny bit of peanut butter (a very rare treat for her).

And a just for fun video of her and a jalapeƱo. -- JALAPEā€”O > BANANA

Kass vs JalapeƃĀ±o - YouTube

Nice! Peanut butter and banana makes for quite the hush-money bribe! Bet you didn't hear a peek after that! And I love how dainty she is with the pepper in that video. Scooping out the yummy contents without disturbing the outside. Mine would've just ripped it to shreds. Lol!

:orange::orange::orange:
Sunny has decided to throw his wing in the ring.. lets get ready to rumble!!

Here he is, trying to look innocent, failing miserably, "Watermelon, what watermelon??"

carolinebradley-albums-sunny-photos-picture22516-sunny-watermelon.jpg

Just for fun:
One of these things is not like the others... "Mum, this apple tastes off!"
carolinebradley-albums-sunny-photos-picture22517-jff-sunny-1.jpg

Taste testing the fresh food before its dished up...Sunny quality control

carolinebradley-albums-sunny-photos-picture22518-jff-sunny-2.jpg

But those colors, though! Sunny is like an explosion at a Crayola factory! What a breathtakingly beautiful bird! Such brilliance!

* I know you're probably aware, Caroline, but a safety warning for anyone looking on who isn't: Onions are not a parrot-safe food. The effect can be toxic.*

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Bumbleā€™s late afternoon snack
8f5f306688fc31b9ea55f37e872ec0a1.jpg

Bumble is really getting in on that strawberry! Loving the enthusiasm! And yeah, I don't think I'd be a match for Bumble's innocent act. That sweet face would get me every time!

AVaHDcx.jpg

There have GOT to be easier places to hang out... but of course they go straight to your wife's favorite wall hanging! It's just what parrots do, isn't it? Lol!

NrCIDWM.jpg

That Gouldian looks absolutely amazing! Wow!
Looks like they're really enjoying that grass! Can't let Jolly and Maya see. They'll immediately demand some of their own.

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
I return to my original state of stymy-fication (being stymied? in a stymy?) about these COLORS!!!!!!
Rio and Cosmo, and you Noah-Birds, you! I'll just take your words for it... you (and those colors of yours) ARE real!

CarolineBradley

Jun 28, 2018
Queensland Australia
Parrots
Sunny (Sun Conure):
Keito (GC Conure):
Picaro (Nanday) RIP
But those colors, though! Sunny is like an explosion at a Crayola factory! What a breathtakingly beautiful bird! Such brilliance!

* I know you're probably aware, Caroline, but a safety warning for anyone looking on who isn't: Onions are not a parrot-safe food. The effect can be toxic.*

Sunny acts like an explosion sometimes too!
Leaving devastation in his wake :)

**Disclaimer, Sunny does not eat anything considered a non safe food.. Onions (and garlic) can be very toxic to birds..
Good resource for bird safe food lists:
https://www.queenslanderaviaries.com/bird-safe-food-and-plants
PS For QLDers.. these guys make awesome forage treats

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
JUST FOR FUN!

(and a blast from the past!)

sBmwmMQ.jpg

Sludge the lorikeet and best buddy Pete the budgie tuck into fresh celery, with a grevillea flower for dessert, the perfect balanced meal!

Last edited:

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
JUST FOR FUN!

(and a blast from the past!)

sBmwmMQ.jpg

Sludge the lorikeet and best buddy Pete the budgie tuck into fresh celery, with a grevillea flower for dessert, the perfect balanced meal!

And the color bonanza continues! Awww, Sludge is a tiny little guy! I don't know if it's just the effect in that pic, but he barely seems bigger than Pete the Budgie! Sweet shot!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Nope thatā€™s pretty much Sludgeā€™s actual size. Pete was an average size budgie but purple crowns are just that tiny. Even now sometimes I look at Lilly and STILL canā€™t believe how tiny she is!

CarolineBradley

Jun 28, 2018
Queensland Australia
Parrots
Sunny (Sun Conure):
Keito (GC Conure):
Picaro (Nanday) RIP
Nope thatā€™s pretty much Sludgeā€™s actual size. Pete was an average size budgie but purple crowns are just that tiny. Even now sometimes I look at Lilly and STILL canā€™t believe how tiny she is!

Sludge (and Lilly) are just adorable.. I have such a soft spot for Lorikeets!
I've raised and rehabbed a few 'little lorikeets' (actual name, not kidding).. are they the same size as the purple crowned??

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Oh I think the ā€œlittle lorikeetsā€ are even smaller, not by much but they are. Sweet little personalities too according to my bird vet who used to breed them :)

MrLaurieKeats

Jan 4, 2019
Media
Albums
Brisbane, Australia
Parrots
Fang the cockatiel, Valentino the budgie (aka Fangā€™s wingman)
Her Royal Highness Lilly Pilly decrees to all her parrot minions to eat lots of colour in their diet. The different colour poop drives our staff crazy!

Watermelon poop is my personal favourite. Hehehe.....

EU5Padj.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts