June 2020 Photo of the Month Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Her Royal Highness Lilly Pilly decrees to all her parrot minions to eat lots of colour in their diet. The different colour poop drives our staff crazy!

Watermelon poop is my personal favourite. Hehehe.....

101852540_105764557835846_4046099998763384832_o.jpg

I bet a chunk of watermelon allows HRH to turbocharge her digestive tract! :D

MrLaurieKeats

Jan 4, 2019
Media
Albums
Brisbane, Australia
Parrots
Fang the cockatiel, Valentino the budgie (aka Fang’s wingman)
Her Royal Highness Lilly Pilly decrees to all her parrot minions to eat lots of colour in their diet. The different colour poop drives our staff crazy!

101852540_105764557835846_4046099998763384832_o.jpg

I bet a chunk of watermelon allows HRH to turbocharge her digestive tract! :D

You never forget seeing your first pink liquid projectile poo!

Last edited:

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)

EU5Padj.jpg

Hahahahaha! This is soooooooooo true! My ekkies almost gave me a heart attack after eating a healthy serving of dragon fruit (the ones that are reddish-purple on the inside, not the white ones). I looked at the bottom of their cages and thought for a minute they were bleeding! Not cool!

Her Royal Highness certainly doesn't play with her portions! Her snack is bigger than she is! Lol!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Will there ever be a thread (oh, good glory, or maybe even a POTM) of the...
'Poop Rainbow'?
Or would this spectacle be too much even for the jaded, peculiar, oddball frequenters of our fair forums???

I know *I* would look!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
“I can poop a rainbow, poop a rainbow, poop a rainbow too!” :D

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Red and yellow and pink and green... OMG I didn't think there was anyone out there that would remember that one! Nicely done :)

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
Well, I didn't REMEMBER it, but I FOUND it... thank you, Google...
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqRBxO2GDFA"]I Can POOP a Rainbow - YouTube[/ame]

birbsRcool

Jun 15, 2020
Media
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
1 cockatiel named pikachu^^
Pikachu!

Pikachu LOVES spinach! Just look at that messy beak :D

24566d1592783668-june-2020-photo-month-contest-screen-shot-2020-06-21-5.50.36-pm.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-21 at 5.50.36 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-06-21 at 5.50.36 PM.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 119
OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
There *IS* a certain special something about a glamorous green SPINACH BEAK, isn't there? And the orange-cheek-studded cockatiel profile is just the perfect backdrop. How Hollywood!

This bird was really ready for that closeup.

Great entry!

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Re: Pikachu!

Pikachu LOVES spinach! Just look at that messy beak :D

24566d1592783668-june-2020-photo-month-contest-screen-shot-2020-06-21-5.50.36-pm.jpg

Oh, yes. That is some serious enthusiasm for that spinach! Move over, Popeye! (Side note: I mentioned Popeye to my 9-year-old son the other day and he had no idea what I was talking about! I had to bring up old cartoons on YouTube! Made me feel a little old, there! Lol!)

fiddlejen

Mar 28, 2019
Media
New England
Parrots
Sunny the Sun Conure (sept '18, gotcha 3/'19). Mr Jefferson Budgie & Mrs Calliope Budgie (albino) (nov'18 & jan'19). Summer 2021 Baby Budgies: Riker (Green); Patchouli, Keye, & Tiny (blue greywings).
I'm gonna call this a just-for-fun entry, since the star of the photo is not even visible!, but... guess Who chopped this radish for me??

After pulling the greens off the fresh radishes, I then set about trimming the stems. (They last longer that way.)

Sunny got very interested, concluded I was Failing to Chop the radishes adequately, and decided to take over! What a great job she did -- I kinda wanted to eat them myself, but, I think she'll get her nice chopped-radish salad in her food dish tomorrow...

24571d1592945550-june-2020-photo-month-contest-208ba12f-a964-4805-a7a4-58b81ee73be8.jpg

Attachments

• 208BA12F-A964-4805-A7A4-58B81EE73BE8.jpg
    208BA12F-A964-4805-A7A4-58B81EE73BE8.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 96

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
I LOVE radishes lol..wish my brats did but that means they leave more for me :p

jim

birbsRcool

Jun 15, 2020
Media
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
June's POTM Theme is
"HELP AMERICA CELEBRATE NATIONAL
FRESH FRUIT AND VEGETABLE MONTH!"
June in our part of the world is a time of plenty in fields, farms and gardens. We all know that fresh produce is an important part of our birds' (and our own!) diets.​

Does your bird have a favorite? Is your bird messy or neat? A picky parrot or a piggy one? Do they like to share, or are they selfish?
Show us! Any bird photos concerning fresh produce is welcome (as long as it follows the established rules for safety and appropriateness).

No videos this time, please... photos only. Photoshop (or similar) editing is welcome, with or without captions!
Our contest will run through June 27th. A poll for voting will then run from the 28th through the 30th, with the winner to be announced on July 1.

The winner will receive a Supporting Membership for a year, and the victorious entry will appear on the forum home page throughout the month of July.
One official entry per person, but you can add as many Just-for-Fun entries as you want!
Please make sure to specify which one is your official entry.

Parronts, let's celebrate FRESH FRUIT AND VEGETABLE MONTH!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To kick things off, I raided The Rickeybird Scrapbook for a few choice photos illustrating the Rickeybird's love of fresh green chiles!
What will you come up with?

jsDZKKp.jpg

iCdpa8q.jpg

nRMFwv8.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is that "patagonian quarantine" paper real or photoshopped? cute tho :01:

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
I'm gonna call this a just-for-fun entry, since the star of the photo is not even visible!, but... guess Who chopped this radish for me??

After pulling the greens off the fresh radishes, I then set about trimming the stems. (They last longer that way.)

Sunny got very interested, concluded I was Failing to Chop the radishes adequately, and decided to take over! What a great job she did -- I kinda wanted to eat them myself, but, I think she'll get her nice chopped-radish salad in her food dish tomorrow...

24571d1592945550-june-2020-photo-month-contest-208ba12f-a964-4805-a7a4-58b81ee73be8.jpg

Sunny is a most impressive chop-mate! Wow! I'm going to let my birds know they've been slacking! Unacceptable!

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
fiddlejen, that may be just for fun, but it's some SERIOUS BIRDIE cuisine there!!!! I foresee a new cooking show on the Food Channel... now we just have to think up a snappy title. OH! Ya know that show "Chopped"? This one could just be... (wait for it)... CHOP!!!

birbs... that was totally photoshopped, I confess! lol

birbsRcool

Jun 15, 2020
Media
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
fiddlejen, that may be just for fun, but it's some SERIOUS BIRDIE cuisine there!!!! I foresee a new cooking show on the Food Channel... now we just have to think up a snappy title. OH! Ya know that show "Chopped"? This one could just be... (wait for it)... CHOP!!!

birbs... that was totally photoshopped, I confess! lol

Omg we actually need a foodnetwork channel for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts