Just a nice story

PetoftheDay

Dec 27, 2010
Boston area, MA
for you Cockatoo folks. I was talking the other day with a member of our church choir, Maria, and we were talking for some reason about phobias people had. She said when she was a child, she was afraid of birds, all birds. And as she grew up in a fairly rural area, there were many birds, and she would burst into tears if a crow even cawed at her. She doesn't remember why or when the fear started, she was never attacked by a bird or anything.

Well, when she was 6, her parents had a great idea. Maria was - and still is - a very girly girl/woman. Her parents found someone with a Moluccan Cockatoo that was friendly, so they took Maria to see it. He was so pretty, and huge (to her) and gosh darn it, he was pink! She couldn't be afraid of something pink! She worked up her courage to even touch his feathers, and that pretty much cured her bird phobia!

lene1949

Sep 26, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Parrots
Cory: Short billed Corella -
Echo: Galah -
Max: Alexandrine -
Skye: Yellow Sided conure -
Luka: Green Cheek Conure -
RIP Shrek: Quaker
LOL... I love pink, too, but a PINK spider still wouldn't get me to go anywhere near it... I won't even go near a dead one... lol

BillsBirds

Jan 9, 2012
Largo, Florida
Parrots
Timneh African Grey (Bailey), Lovebird (Elvis)
Great story. I've used my birds to help folks overcome their fear of birds by showing them how gentle, loving and sweet they are. LOL 'bout the pink spider!:D:eek:

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
Cute story! I used to have a little pink guy as well....
Here he is wearing himself as a hat, how could you be afraid of this?!
l_c5a1495bdb2d51bbf46adbb29f6fe287.jpg

Helitorian

Dec 15, 2011
Nebraska
Parrots
RIP Constantine: Jenday Conure
Cute story! I used to have a little pink guy as well....
Here he is wearing himself as a hat, how could you be afraid of this?!

I Daww'd so hard over this lol A pink spider would be weird. I know a species of tarantula is a pale pink. I can't remember the species name :/

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
We had a rose hair tarantula but she was really more brown than pink, and then there are pink toes, but only the ends of their legs are pink. Found this one, second one down, it's beautiful! Pamphobeteus platyomma photo | tarantula care

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
Darcy (Golden-Collared Macaw), Puck (Caique - RIP)
Cute!! One of my friends is afraid of birds, but was able to hold Puck. :-D

Most Reactions