*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
Learn by your elders !

Good idea, I'll try a rope perch next.

Why won't yours use the stand ?

I have noidea why he wont use it...I thought it was the white cups on each end , so I removed those. Thouht it was the swing , took that off , also removed swinging wood toy , would NOT go near it. Thought maybe it was the white catch bottom , covered it with all kinds of things he readily accepts elsewhere but no go.
The wood is sassafrass , I think , a good , grippable wood , so slipping is not a issue. Maybe it's the dark wood he doesnt like.
But I thought for sure when he seen Rosie go on it , he wouldnt think twice about using it , but still , very afraid of it....so I give up with it...there are just some things he doesnt like and have to accept that.
I really want to get one of those huge tree stands , the lighter wood so maybe he will like it. I will get the same wood but in a perch and see if he likes it , because they are expensive , lolol. :):)

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
Roxynoodle made a good point , some birds dont take to moving perches that well. Again , my Goffin wouldnt step up on a moving perch for a while until he was much more steady and sure of himself.
It took some time , but once he learned his balance , he was swinging and climbing all over the place like a cockatoo should be :D ;)

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Yes, Pete has some balance issues. But, he was in this tiny little cage, had no toys, and I think just never developed much in the way of athletic skills. He is starting to now. He has now climbed onto all his toys to swing around a little. Then he gets scared, gets off, but usually gets back on. I want to get him a big boing suitable for his size, and am hoping that will help him develop more as well while allowing him a big rope surface to hang on to.

OP
427HISS

427HISS

Jan 23, 2012
Nebraska
roxy- we can't go by your birds, as their all,....NUTS ! :p :D
And,.....SPOILED !

Shelby's cage has two 45" long x 1-1/4" pine perch's that is came with we bought a 14" long x 2" cement type for her nails. Her stand has two
1-1/4".

She also may have balance issue, as when I walk around with her on my fingers, she wobbles a bit and a little unsure of herself. I'll make some tiny barbells, have her do squats and get her on the treadmill to strengthen her hammocks. ;)

I'll also order the rope swing because I don't think she likes the wood one. I'm sure they can grape the rope better than the wood, even though it's soft pine.

As far as the food, we'll just have to keep trying. She did eat half of a green grape.

luvmytooo- I do also, have you seen the HUGE ones on ebay ?
Most are pick-up only.

I'm talking with a guy in Ca. that grows Manzanita trees. I want him to find a branch that has wide limbs and size's between 3/4" to 2-1/2" that are nearly horizontal, so the work well for Shelby as perch's. Making it look like a natural tree inside the cage is what I'm after. I just have to be creative.

OP
427HISS

427HISS

Jan 23, 2012
Nebraska
Here's some on ebay.

Attachments

• !B7b9yCQBmk~$(KGrHqR,!k8Ey+jC)40SBM0JwjdvhQ~~_12.jpg
    !B7b9yCQBmk~$(KGrHqR,!k8Ey+jC)40SBM0JwjdvhQ~~_12.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 960
  • gym 1.jpg
    gym 1.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 2,864
  • !B7b+oJg!2k~$(KGrHqYOKiQEy4+p6ennBM0J2B(8,g~~_12.jpg
    !B7b+oJg!2k~$(KGrHqYOKiQEy4+p6ennBM0J2B(8,g~~_12.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 659

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
I have to check out Ebay , do you remember what state those tree stands were ? That is exactly what I would like for my guys !

OP
427HISS

427HISS

Jan 23, 2012
Nebraska
I've been watching this couple for a while, but they live in Florida. We don't have these trees in Nebraska. They have a lot of great stuff.

Gumby & Pokey Dragonwood Play Gym (local pick up only) | eBay

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Manzanita Parrot Tree / Floor Stand | eBay
-------------------------------------------------------------------

!B)nRgj!EGk~$(KGrHqJ,!igEv1+z)5ktBMORs8gNGw~~_35.JPG

---------------------------------

AFGRAY Sandblasted Manzanita Parrot Tree Stand bird perch JUNGLE PLAY GYM FRESHp | eBay

!B)nRgj!EGk~$(KGrHqJ,!igEv1+z)5ktBMORs8gNGw~~_35.JPG

--------------------------------
HUGE MACAW AFRICAN GRAY Sandblasted Manzanita Parrot Tree Stand bird perch FRES | eBay

----------------

Here's the ebay page for these trees/stands
Manzanita-Parrot | eBay

OP
427HISS

427HISS

Jan 23, 2012
Nebraska
I want one, too!

Wish,.....I could afford one !
Really cool.

Hum,......maybe if I sell the dogs & cats. :eek:
Or,.... put Patty to work on the corner street at night !
-----------------------------------------------------

This is smaller, affordable and they will ship for $42.00
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Manzanita-Parrot-Tree-Bird-Stand-Toy-Play-Gym-like-Java-Wood-cage-Macaw-SB60L3-/180826239662?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a1a1572ae

Depth + Width: ~36" X 24"Manufacturer: Manzanita HabitatsPerch Diameter: ~1.25"-1.75"Height: ~60"
!B6069p!!Wk~$(KGrHqQOKjwEynq9B!4tBMyec(27Ow~~-1_35.JPG

Last edited:

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Yeah, I won't be getting one anytime soon unless I go stand around the truck stop for a few nights, lol!

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
After all the expenses I've had lately, maybe it's not a bad idea! Of course I'd end up with more medical bills from whatever I caught:rolleyes:

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
Yeah, I won't be getting one anytime soon unless I go stand around the truck stop for a few nights, lol!

Oh geez....where is this conversation going ?! lololol.:21:

OP
427HISS

427HISS

Jan 23, 2012
Nebraska
Shelby finally, played last night like a Cockatoo. She was all over & investigating her play stand and getting more comfortable with us, the other pets and her home. We had a great time watching her being a clown !
Sorry for the bad quality. New camera and no indoor flash yet.

P1000454.jpg

P1000453.jpg

P1000447.jpg

P1000462.jpg

P1000459.jpg

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts