Kings Cages won't be here in time !

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
I'm not sure who it's made by. But, I like the price and don't have one. I had to actually guess Pete's weight when he got sick from Merlin on that Sunday and I had no vet available. Thankfully I guessed him within 5 grams and dosed him right, but I really should have a scale here.

OP
427HISS

427HISS

Jan 23, 2012
Nebraska
I might get it and take it with us to our aviary vet and check it against theirs. It has a 5 year warranty.

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Yes, I know what all my birds weigh so I should know quickly if it's accurate. Although you need to expect about a 10% variation in their weights just due to hormonal reasons.

It has a feature that let's you zero it out for a perch, so you don't have to subtract the weight of the perch.

OP
427HISS

427HISS

Jan 23, 2012
Nebraska
We have electronic scales for the race car, but I don't think it goes down to grams. lol !

I assume our vet would say what Shelby should weigh, since she's an adult, then keep an eye on her like what, once per month ?

"hormonal reasons",......you women,..... always blaming your weight on HORMONES ! lol

:p
-------

I looked at H/F site, is this it ?
http://www.harborfreight.com/digital-scale-95364.html

image_19738.jpg

Last edited:

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Hmm, no, I don't know the item number. Someone else posted about it and I figured next time I was around there I'd stop in for one. Ugh, I don't even remember in what area of the forum it was posted on! I'll see if I can find it.

The males gain just as much weight during their hormonal times, lol!

Seems a few on here have baby 'Toos right now so I would expect Shelby is at top weight now. You should see a reduction come summer.

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
The white one was the one I was looking at. I have a ton of 20% off coupons for HF in my MC magazines though so I guess I could get it for $16, lol!

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Vet said there is no metal or anything like that in her. So it's the Borna most likely causing the seizures. But, at least I don't need a new cage. She is just going to have to live without her grate! I don't want to push it by letting her continue to gnaw on it, so we are just going grateless. And when I see a big poop, I take it out so she doesn't walk in it.

Problem with sleeping tents, etc, is they are great for baby birds, but older ones tend to see it as a nest site and get very hormonal. For that matter, watch Shelby for trying to get in dark spots like under furniture or in cupboards. Also watch her for trying to herd you into such a place as she may decide you would be a good mate for her, lol! Yes, it really happens. Pete wants me to nest with him in the bottom corner of his cage.

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
Hormonal ! I'll give you hormonal mister !! Did Patty see this post ?
She should smack you right upside your head ! lololol.
You guys have not a clue ! Hormonal .......sheesh !

OP
427HISS

427HISS

Jan 23, 2012
Nebraska
roxy- Thank God it's not the metal. I'm sure between you, the very and our prayers, she'll be fine soon.
Patty already thinks Shelby it Too,oooo hot on me ! (think she's jealous I have a new & younger,... female in my life) lol

Patty's always smacking me anyway, so nothing new. lol :11:

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
roxy- Thank God it's not the metal. I'm sure between you, the very and our prayers, she'll be fine soon.
Patty already thinks Shelby it Too,oooo hot on me ! (think she's jealous I have a new & younger,... female in my life) lol

Patty's always smacking me anyway, so nothing new. lol :11:

I second , thank God it's not the metal...I'm praying for her speedy recovery and yours roxynoodle.
I'm so sorry you are going through this horrible time. But like 427 HISS said , we are all praying for you and your baby.

A younger woman ! Please ! Patty needs to smack you harder next time , lolol.

OP
427HISS

427HISS

Jan 23, 2012
Nebraska
Why do you think I have migraines 24/7, not from my accident, but rather from PATTY ! lol

Kev

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
Why do you think I have migraines 24/7, not from my accident, but rather from PATTY ! lol

Kev

Awww , I was only kidding you :(
I'm sorry. I know first hand how bad migrains can be , I get them for at least 3-4 days straight....they are horrible !
But you probably deserved it if she smacked you , lolol.
So be a good hubby and bring Patty flowers tomorrow :)

OP
427HISS

427HISS

Jan 23, 2012
Nebraska
oh,...I know. ;)

How often is yours ?

She's helped me out tremendously, through out the years. Wonderful woman ! I send her flowers a lot, sometimes,...just because. :smile015:

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
oh,...I know. ;)

How often is yours ?

She's helped me out tremendously, through out the years. Wonderful woman ! I send her flowers a lot, sometimes,...just because. :smile015:
Ok good , I just wanted to make sure :) Sometimes emails can be read the wrong way .;)

Sometimes I can go for months without one , then whammo , I will get one every other week. I have documented my diet , the weather , other medicines , just about everything to find a cause , but I cant pinpoint anything.. I did get a MRI though , because my Mom had a anuerysm (sp)
burst on her brain and she survived and at the time , went back to work !
There is no documentation that its hereditary , but Im not taking any chances...I did have a headache once that was so bad , the pain qoke me up in the middle of the night. I thought my head was going to explode.
It stopped after a while and I went back to bed ! Now was that stupid or what , lolol. Nothing I can do about it now , but I should have gone straight to the ER ! I really feel for people who have them ! Only when you experience one , do you really understand the pain involved.
How about you ?

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
Awww , sweet ! Always bring flowers , you cant go wrong there :)

OP
427HISS

427HISS

Jan 23, 2012
Nebraska
Your mom was very lucky !

In short-

At two years old, I was running into the kitchen, slipped and fell head on into the corner of the refrigerator. I cracked my skull and was in a coma for 6 days. Since then, I have a bad headache, to a migraine to worse 24/7. I have a pain scale from 1-10 to inform family, friends & my doctors. The worse part of it is very hard to explain, but since a child, I've called them "the zaps". I have them all the time, even with I feel pretty well. From 2 to 4 I'm ok, but at 5-6 I had better stop what ever I'm doing, take my meds, hot shower, ice and be in a small quiet & dard room.

If you think back to the mad scientist movies when he's arching electricity between to metal balls, and the arc sounds like, "zzz-ap, z-ap, zzzzzz-ap". It drives me nuts ! I can't see, talk or communicate, and admittedly, ball & scream my eyes out. I'm not afraid much in life, but that pain scares the hell out of me. When I get to level 7, I know it's coming and there's nothing,....I can do about it.

With my recent anti-seizure meds & hydrocodone, it has gotten better. I know having a Too sounds crazy, but just like with my other hobbies that are loud, I just have to endure it to make my life fun and enjoyable !
I could easily just sit on the couch and watch TV all day, but what kind of life is that ! Having fun and being with family & friends is what life is all about !

Kev

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back