Lesser sulper and CAG

sprice37

Sep 11, 2010
Media
Oregon
Parrots
Marya 11 yr old Lesser Sulpher Crested Cockatoo, Socrates a 4 month old CAG and Cheepers a 1 winged Tiel whos name is dynamic.
SO I have an 11 year old Lesser Sulpher Crested Too (Marya) and just adopted a 4 month old CAG (unamed until DNA comes back). I am curious as to how to socialize them to each other. Right now we are not forcing the issue and do not plan to. They have seperate homes but are allowed pretty much free roam of the house (supervised). It seems like when placed on the same perch Marya picks the submissive role even though he is older and this is his home for the last 2.5 years. I do not expect this to happen over night, but am curious as to the how and the how long I could expect.:white1::grey:
Oh yeah Marya has not been around other parrots for 11 years.

Last edited:

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
The way you are going about this sounds like a good way. It is up to the birds if they want to be friends no matter how much we may try to help them out. Supervision is very important like you stated because you do not want any injuries. Just because they both are birds does not mean they will be friends. It is really easier to do this with same species birds. Good Luck.

Most Reactions

Latest posts