Liquid malt

Talaya

Apr 26, 2022
Media
Parrots
Han Solo - SI Male Eclectus
Hi

We can buy liquid Malt here as a ‘supplement’, in the pharmacy’s.
it has natural vitamin A and vitamin D
I believe it’s made from Barley And Cod liver oil but It’s clear and tasteless.
Does anyone know would a drop of this be safe to give to Solo ?
thank you.

Attachments

• 2BC150AC-4540-4A96-97E1-221EC7CA8631.jpeg
    2BC150AC-4540-4A96-97E1-221EC7CA8631.jpeg
    428.3 KB · Views: 52

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Not sure...

Although why do you need to give him vitamins?

Vitamins are unnecessary in a balanced diet.

OP
Talaya

Talaya

Apr 26, 2022
Media
Parrots
Hi PIp yes I agree about the vitamins etc with a balanced diet. But as you probably know Eclectus suffer from vitamin A deficiency most commonly. My boy is a right pig but avoids a lot of the red foods, also I’m still trying to get him outside for some sun. So it was just a consideration for him.

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
Not quite correct. they need greater Beta carotene, sure, but deficiency specifically isn’t necessarily common. This can sufficiently be obtained through an adequate diet without need for supplementation. Never supplement an eclectus without veterinarian recommendation and supervision.

If you’re concerned, you can give a small amount of red palm oil on top of dinner.

OP
Talaya

Talaya

Apr 26, 2022
Media
Parrots
Not quite correct. they need greater Beta carotene, sure, but deficiency specifically isn’t necessarily common. This can sufficiently be obtained through an adequate diet without need for supplementation. Never supplement an eclectus without veterinarian recommendation and supervision.

If you’re concerned, you can give a small amount of red palm oil on top of dinner.
Thank you Chris for correcting me, I think I got my use of words not quite right. I do have some red palm oil, (organic animal cruelty free etc) I do give him a little bit every now n then, which he really likes.
He avoids alot of the beta carotene vegetables/fruit, even though I put them in his chop, they’re often the ones left behind.

Most Reactions

Latest posts