Maximillian Pionus on its way!

Krissa

May 21, 2012
Ohio
Parrots
Maximillian Pionus - on its way
I just put down my deposit for a Maximillian Pionus baby. OOOO September cannot come fast enough!

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
Welcome to the forum:) and congrats on your new Baby.. You must be excited! Have you managed to take any pics of him/her ?

OP
Krissa

Krissa

May 21, 2012
Ohio
Parrots
He/she is at the breeder's now, just hatched. I was promised some pics in a few weeks. As soon as I get them I'll post baby cuteness!

mysteryfoxes

Mar 6, 2012
Calabash, NC
Parrots
Basil - Turquoise Green Cheek Conure :)
Congrats! :D Maxi's are usually the talkative ones (though, thats not why people normally want a Pi, hehe). Do you know if you're getting a boy or a girl? :)

OP
Krissa

Krissa

May 21, 2012
Ohio
Parrots
They are going to be DNA sexed before leaving the breeder. I would like a boy so I don't have to deal with eggs. My tiel was horrible with egg binding and I had to be careful about the amount of daylight she got - but at least it fixed it.

I went for the Maximillian because I wanted a larger bird and everything I read about them matched our household perfectly. I think it will fit in great here!

I already have the cage on Craigslist. It is hardly used at all. BIRDCAGES4LESS.com: Koloa Kavern™ Convertible Top

Right now I'm looking at a few playstands and reading the reviews. I think I want [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Super-Pet-Activity-Center-Playground/dp/B000TZ1XCU/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1338635430&sr=8-13"]this[/ame] one.

I'm so excited.

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
11 month old Senegal Parrot - 3 year old SI Eclectus
That will be an awfully large playstand for a Pionus. It's for a Large sized bird. But your bird will have plenty of room to wonder around on it.

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
11 month old Senegal Parrot - 3 year old SI Eclectus
Last edited:
OP
Krissa

Krissa

May 21, 2012
Ohio
Parrots
I love the way that playtop cage catches the poops,, its a nice set up. I didn't want a playtop cage because I am short so I would not be able to reach the bird when he was on it.

I also liked the larger playstand because it fits perfect in our computer room. We spend all of our time in the computer room but I did not want to put the cage in there because my husband will stay up late playing games. The cage is going in our second bedroom where the bird will be while we are at work. Then when we come home the bird will be on the playstand in the computer room with us. I wanted to be able to hang a bunch of toys on it because he will be spending a lot of time on the playstand. I would say about half the bird's day will be spent alone in his cage and the other half with us on the playstand.

I am also going to make a few smaller perches out of wood and PVC pipes to put around the house, and get a shower perch.

OP
Krissa

Krissa

May 21, 2012
Ohio
Parrots
My husband and I agreed on a name today - we are going to call it Loki.

Most Reactions

Latest posts