gillylover

Mar 15, 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Parrots
Congo African Grey
Hello!

I am new here, so I figured I should introduce myself! My name is April. I am a Junior at the University of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. I live with my boyfriend, Andrew, and two other roommates. My boyfriend and I actually met after my ex moved out of the house, and was replaced with Andrew! It was him that actually introduced me to parrots. He used to own an African Grey, and explained to me how great they are. So now we have a new family member living with us!

His name is Gilly. He has come a long way from where he used to be. His previous owners majorly neglected him. He was locked in a bathroom and left to die. When an animal rehabilitator, Vikky, found him, he had plucked ALL of his feathers off, and even started ripping his own skin off. After three years of working with Gilly, he has grown a lot of his feathers back, and has gained more trust from humans. Vikki had to rehome Gilly after a bad divorce. That's where Andrew and I came in. I am very nervous about owning an African Grey. It was like bringing home a new baby! Gilly is very timid, and it might take a while to gain his trust, but I know with lots of time and nurturing, we will be best of friends! :)

So that is just a little bit about me and Gilly, and I am very happy to be apart of this parrot forum!

Turk

Feb 14, 2013
Michigan
Parrots
Bogey - YN Amazon Hatched Jan. 1982
Welcome to the forum!

I think it is great that you are giving Gilly a good home.

This forum has many, many knowledgable, caring and helpful folks so if you have any questions you just need to ask!

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
th_g20081.gif
to the forum April:)

Thats great news that you rescued Gilly from appalling conditions.

I am sure with alot of tender loving care, she will learn to trust you.

Most Reactions

Latest posts