Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I also wonder how many he would eat if left to his own devices. He did not even care that I had the camera, I had to hurry and get it taping the minute I put the dish in so I wouldn't miss it.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
How totally super AWESOME is that video!!! :D
Holy smokes he puts those superworms away, doesn't he?? :D I just watched it twice, and thoroughly enjoyed it!!!

Say Terry, does it HAVE to be live food? If not, how about you pinkies frozen, and then just dethaw? (Sorry if this is a sore subject)

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Not a sore subject, just a gross one [URL=http://www.sherv.net/] [/URL]

I could try that if he really needs it, but I think the superworms may be enough. I HOPE they will be enough..lol.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
I MUST have him, or at least visit him and hold him. I love him, he's AWESOME! Fantastic video, Terry! Thank you, and thank Terry's Dactyl!

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
I don't know, Terr. He's practically begging for warm chunks of freshly diced mouse in that video! (Run, Mickey! RUN!) Lol!

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Allee, I would love you to hold him...hmmm, maybe by him wanting to eat pinkies it is fingers they are talking about? (Terry's Dactyl....still loving that, thanks again Mark!!!)

And Stephen, BAD BOY! Choking back a gag reflex here! You wait til I tell Bixby and Maya about how mean you are being to their Auntie Terry:(

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Moi? Whatever do you mean? Just lookin' out for Terry's Dactyl! Lol!

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Awww, you had to start off speaking French, didn't ya?
I will make sure that Terry's Dactyl knows that his uncle Stephie is looking out for him:)

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Lol! Don't let Wendy and Shirre know any French was spoken! You know how they love befuddling me with their Internet-enhanced French speaking skills! Hahaha!

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
LOL...Reg even has a hard time translating the internet enhanced French!
edit:I once made him a card when we first got together that I used internet translation for, and it took him forever to read it, and it did not say much of what I tried to say at all..lol

Last edited:

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Eeeeeekkk!!! Watching that video was cool but listening to him *crunch crunch* on those worms gave me chills *shudders*

LOL I took 2 years of French in high school and was terrible at it [emoji51]

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
It's a shame little Dactyl doesn't have a friend. Somehow, he seems more lonely than a parrot would be... Will you be getting him a little girlfriend, Terry? You could call her Annadon (Pteranodon). :D

He's a gorgeous birdie and I love the efficient way he puts those worms to good use. Go Dactyl!

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Shirre, that crunch really gave me the heebie jeebies as well...yuck. And you should hear the scritchy sound they make rubbing against each othe rin the container....shudders.
And as for the French, you should have heard Reg's parents when I tried to learn some French to speak to them in my hick accent. They were laughing so hard..lol. You can take the girl outta WV, but not WV outta the girl, I reckon..lol

Trish, I would love to get him a friend, but I have no idea if I would be able to find one. The guy who had him had looked for a long time for a female with no luck:( I am going to keep my eyes open though! Love the name you picked for her, btw:)

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
I notice he went for the worms first, so those must be his favorite... either that or they are the only part of his dinner that might possibly get away, so gotta eat those first.

When we had the all the owls we used to have to raise rats to feed them.

So pinkie mice are nothing compared to that...

And if you've ever seen Owl's regurge the "unused portion" of a digested rat... well... Ratballs anyone?!

Honestly, superworms are good.

Glad I don't have to deal with that stuff anymore! I do not miss that aspect of it at all...

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
I notice he went for the worms first, so those must be his favorite...

Well, there you go, Terry! Now you know his training treat! Just keep a few superworms handy in your pocket while training! :D

Shoegoo

Nov 3, 2014
Where is your source for super worms? If he requires super worms he has got to be high maintenance.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
He is one cool looking bird!!!!!!!!!! I want one!!!! :)

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
I notice he went for the worms first, so those must be his favorite...

Well, there you go, Terry! Now you know his training treat! Just keep a few superworms handy in your pocket while training! :D

I'm cracking up here at the thought of Terry with a pocketful of wriggling superworms! Lovely visual.

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
What an awesome guy Terry! I little gross trivia about the super worms from back in the day when I kept a type of reptile that ate them. Super worms can bite, if the animal eating them doesn't crush or damage the mouth they have been known to begin to eat their way out of the stomach of the animal that ate them! Animals that eat them know this and damage or crush the head though I know reptile breeders that would crush the head before feeding it to their animals.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots

Most Reactions

Latest posts