Status
Not open for further replies.

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Flboy 'David' has been a long time contributor here and over those many years I have alway found him to be a caring individual.

I have found that now-a-days, Humor is vasty miss-understood as far to many have slipped into Word Examination to the N-degree. Not pointing fingers as those here on Parrot Forum tend not.

When one adds the difficulty of understanding word meaning when Posting in a Forum, it only becomes more difficult. It seems that we as a society have come to a place that one must add a Warning when using Humor or playing on the alternative meaning of Words. Once again a problem in todays World as once standard meanings of Words, have changed.

In closing, I stand next to David. A Caring and Heartfelt individual that had elected to bring a moment of Humor to a difficult, some time painful discussion.

My school experience, of a very long time ago, was very different from what had been stated here. Likely because I was one of those Nerds that the individuals that choose to be cruel to others, elected to not to rain such upon me as they likely needed me to get them a passing grade. Just guessing at that point.

Just my two cents.

OP
π•Ύπ–™π–”π–—π–’π–žπ•»π–Žπ–ˆπ–†
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
Flboy 'David' has been a long time contributor here and over those many years I have alway found him to be a caring individual.

I have found that now-a-days, Humor is vasty miss-understood as far to many have slipped into Word Examination to the N-degree. Not pointing fingers as those here on Parrot Forum tend not.

When one adds the difficulty of understanding word meaning when Posting in a Forum, it only becomes more difficult. It seems that we as a society have come to a place that one must add a Warning when using Humor or playing on the alternative meaning of Words. Once again a problem in todays World as once standard meanings of Words, have changed.

In closing, I stand next to David. A Caring and Heartfelt individual that had elected to bring a moment of Humor to a difficult, some time painful discussion.

My school experience, of a very long time ago, was very different from what had been stated here. Likely because I was one of those Nerds that the individuals that choose to be cruel to others, elected to not to rain such upon me as they likely needed me to get them a passing grade. Just guessing at that point.

Just my two cents.
Agreed. His humor is much appreciated, there was just a misunderstanding of what he was saying.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.

Just my two cents.
Terrific insight Steven! I'll also vouch for David's iconic brand of insight and humor!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Truth and authenticity shall set you free! Had almost surreal five hour interlude and convo with seatmate flying from Washington to San Diego last night. Cute gal plops down next to me, we exchange pleasantries and it turned deep. Was able to "come out" to first casual stranger in my life, turns out we live within three miles. She's a college student returning from 2-week tour of France. Probably knows my niece attending same school. Followed each other on Insta, she and BF will meet me and my niece for dinner soon!

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Truth and authenticity shall set you free! Had almost surreal five hour interlude and convo with seatmate flying from Washington to San Diego last night. Cute gal plops down next to me, we exchange pleasantries and it turned deep. Was able to "come out" to first casual stranger in my life, turns out we live within three miles. She's a college student returning from 2-week tour of France. Probably knows my niece attending same school. Followed each other on Insta, she and BF will meet me and my niece for dinner soon!
I-
I WISH I could be as brave about my sexuality as you
I’ve never been in a relationship with a girl because they always HAVE to be straight…

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
Why haven't I seen this thread before? Just wanted to join the sexuality subject ;)
In the past (maybe somewhere until 2020) I thought LGBT people are quite rare cases - probably because personally I don't know many people and the only case when any of my friends turned out to be homosexual was.... when my friend asked me to be her girlfriend (she wrongly thought I'm a lesbian, you can imagine my confusion)
But now I know I was wrong cos I see we (LGBT+) are more common than I thought - last year I was shocked so much how many people I know from another forum/Fandom belong to LGBT. And now it's nice to know, here on PF I know such people tooπŸ˜…

I know, another digression from the main subject. Maybe we should separate threads (like somebody I've seen on another forum - created a thread about LGBT)πŸ˜›

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Why haven't I seen this thread before? Just wanted to join the sexuality subject ;)
In the past (maybe somewhere until 2020) I thought LGBT people are quite rare cases - probably because personally I don't know many people and the only case when any of my friends turned out to be homosexual was.... when my friend asked me to be her girlfriend (she wrongly thought I'm a lesbian, you can imagine my confusion)
But now I know I was wrong cos I see we (LGBT+) are more common than I thought - last year I was shocked so much how many people I know from another forum/Fandom belong to LGBT. And now it's nice to know, here on PF I know such people tooπŸ˜…

I know, another digression from the main subject. Maybe we should separate threads (like somebody I've seen on another forum - created a thread about LGBT)πŸ˜›
Nope, LGBTQ+ people are NOT RARE! Compared to straight people, maybe, but everyone probably knows at least one, or they are one ;)
Keep in mind people who happen to be attracted to someone of the same sex aren't always homosexuals, they can be bi, pan, etc.
For me it was also great to see so many fellow LGBTs on the forum - maybe even a few fellow pancakes!
We could create another thread but I don't think I'll be the one who does it, because I'm ok with the sexuality conversation staying here. It's sort of under the mental health umbrella.

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Oh, Roz, if you don't mind me asking - what's your sexuality? Just out of curiosity and no need to answer

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Nope, LGBTQ+ people are NOT RARE! Compared to straight people, maybe, but everyone probably knows at least one, or they are one ;)
Keep in mind people who happen to be attracted to someone of the same sex aren't always homosexuals, they can be bi, pan, etc.
For me it was also great to see so many fellow LGBTs on the forum - maybe even a few fellow pancakes!
We could create another thread but I don't think I'll be the one who does it, because I'm ok with the sexuality conversation staying here. It's sort of under the mental health umbrella.
I agree with you, last year was a year when I learnt a lot about LGBT+, including FINALLY I discovered who I am.... Until 2021 I knew about existence only of Hetero-, homo- and bisexuality but I was pretty sure that it couldn't be the end cos I couldn't classify myself to any of these categories... And when somebody was asking me "Are you hetero, homo or bi?" (that was a common question on my trip) I was answering "none" or "this 4th option". They were laughing at me saying there are no other options, probably some of them thought I am a lesbian who doesn't want to say it... (they were suggesting this and the situation to become a girlfriend) But my thoughts it's not the end of sexuality types were right - it's a bit funny that on age of 21 finally I learnt how is called my sexuality. Now I know there are even more than just 4

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Lilla (senegal parrot)

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Lilla (senegal parrot)
I agree with you, last year was a year when I learnt a lot about LGBT+, including FINALLY I discovered who I am.... Until 2021 I knew about existence only of Hetero-, homo- and bisexuality but I was pretty sure that it couldn't be the end cos I couldn't classify myself to any of these categories... And when somebody was asking me "Are you hetero, homo or bi?" (that was a common question on my trip) I was answering "none" or "this 4th option". They were laughing at me saying there are no other options, probably some of them thought I am a lesbian who doesn't want to say it... (they were suggesting this and the situation to become a girlfriend) But my thoughts it's not the end of sexuality types were right - it's a bit funny that on age of 21 finally I learnt how is called my sexuality. Now I know there are even more than just 4
I've known a lot about LGBTQ+ for a long time...and I'd found that I'm pan all the way back in 5th grade

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
I've known a lot about LGBTQ+ for a long time...and I'd found that I'm pan all the way back in 5th grade
In my case it began when my friend asked me if I am asexual. I said "So this exists?! I knew it!" :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Later I learnt there are even more sexualities on Fandom

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Lilla (senegal parrot)
In my case it began when my friend asked me if I am asexual. I said "So this exists?! I knew it!" :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Later I learnt there are even more sexualities on Fandom
I've been asked about my sexuality all the time. I always say I'm straight-until people see me with a girl or non-binary (or genderfluid, agender, etc) person and then I have to say I was joking or we're just friends πŸ˜ƒ

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I don't understand why people are so hard on people who are different. When everything else we seem to celibate uniqueness. Yet at the same time nobody wants to be the same as everyone, we all want to be special.

Look how we select for all these parrot colors mutations, or breeds of dogs that are short and squat wish smashed faces, or long hair or short hair or curly hair .

Why not see the beauty in human diversity ?

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Lilla (senegal parrot)
I don't understand why people are so hard on people who are different. When everything else we seem to celibate uniqueness. Yet at the same time nobody wants to be the same as everyone, we all want to be special.

Look how we select for all these parrot colors mutations, or breeds of dogs that are short and squat wish smashed faces, or long hair or short hair or curly hair .

Why not see the beauty in human diversity ?
Nobody wants to be very special and nobody wants to be the exact same as everyone else.
All we want is to be understood.

OP
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Same here, but I found out in third grade when I kissed a girl for the first time 🀣

Like, on the lips.....
*cringes but wishes to be back in third grade*

OP
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
PANCAKES!!!!!!
PANCAKES!!!!!!
PANCAKES!!!!!!

and finally...
PANCAKES!!!!!!
What else did you think i was gonna say???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions