Status
Not open for further replies.

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Five months ago I couldn't have freely discussed. And I sensed a trusting interlocutor. Trust me, coming out and living my authentic self is dramatic personal growth and I'm savoring every moment!
Again, congrats on coming out!

Last edited:

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Congrats agin, Scott! You’re amazing πŸ™‚
He has been amazing for a very longtime, but it is best not to say anything as those kind of things may (not likely) enhance his self-awareness! More likely caused by his pondering the wonders of the universe at 38000 ft. or in his World: FL 380.
Love ya Scott! You being you has long been a wonderful thing to behold!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
He has been amazing for a very longtime, but it is best not to say anything as those kind of things may (not likely) enhance his self-awareness! More likely caused by his pondering the wonders of the universe at 38000 ft. or in his World: FL 380.
Love ya Scott! You being you has long been a wonderful thing to behold!
Thanks so much Steven!! Your affirmations means more than you know my Good Friend!!

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Lilla (senegal parrot)
OP
π•Ύπ–™π–”π–—π–’π–žπ•»π–Žπ–ˆπ–†
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Lilla (senegal parrot)

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Oh dear, my Libra constitution referees the great waffle vs pancake debate. Ye shall have both! πŸ§‡πŸ₯ž
I could eat batches of each same sitting, only caveat is they be drowning in real Maple Syrup. Not faux high fructose corn syrup tainted by artificial color and sweetener!! Bring on the fruit and powdered sugar topping!!

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Oh dear, my Libra constitution referees the great waffle vs pancake debate. Ye shall have both! πŸ§‡πŸ₯ž
I could eat batches of each same sitting, only caveat is they be drowning in real Maple Syrup. Not faux high fructose corn syrup tainted by artificial color and sweetener!! Bring on the fruit and powdered sugar topping!!
Ah yes, how relevant to mental health
PANCAKES ARE BAD
-a pancake

OP
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Lilla (senegal parrot)
OP
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
ANOTHER PANCAKE WHO HATES PANCAKES
IS THIS A DREAM?? :love: :love:
We uhhhh

Are you older me or somethin cuz I have 3 budgies, always wanted an Amazon am a pancake etc 🀣

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Last edited:
OP
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
And we have the same hair color-πŸ’€
Nah, you're a million times politer and more mature than me
And I bet our families are very different
Lol i bet

Me on here:
BASED ON MY RESEARCH MA'AM.....

Me irl:
balalalala-b5f2e1cc54.jpg

I'm the 'who's this person' friend

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Lilla (senegal parrot)
This is related to mental health (y)

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Well, I guess I'll start. I have sensory issues, or medically, a semi-mild case of SPD, presistant tic disorder and possibly autism. Its hard cuz every day is a new challenge. Going on the bus, I need to wear earplugs or cover my ears. I need to stim a LOT, because that's just a SPD thing, but people look at me funny. Also, having sensory overload is really hard. No one in my family understands why I will go from covering my ears to sobbing and running to the bathroom when no one else seems bothered. Are there any other members who have sensory issues or a tic disorder? Anyhow, you can always post on this thread to talk about mental health. Also, I am always open to talk!

Love y'all!
Oliver Rose (female....for now)
Hi! I just saw this.. I am autistic person from South Africa, have been diagnosed since I was about 2.. I previously identified as having "Asperger's syndrome" but I don't fully agree with the term(if you want to know why I can send a whole reply on why), so now I am just autistic lol. Autism has had an effect on my social life(and still does), not because of anxiety but sensory issues. And OMG, I can relate. When I still went to school and it got loud, I'd cover my ears(sometimes I'd hide. In grades 2 and 3 I had a special corner where there was books to read. I spent most of recess there most of the time) or when I couldn't handle it, go into a shutdown(or if it was very severe, a meltdown). Sometimes in public places like restaurants, stores, or at church, I go into shutdowns if I don't wear earplugs(sometimes earplugs don't even help!). I was bullied back in 2017 and 2019, and that's why I started homeschooling(and because of autism). I hate it when people stare at me for stimming or using my sensory clay. I subconsciously isolate myself from others(It's getting better since I'm working on it!). I sometimes think of my birds as lil' ESAs. If you actually read this, TYSM it really means a lot!

Last edited:
OP
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Hi! I just saw this.. I am autistic person from South Africa, have been diagnosed since I was about 2.. I previously identified as having "Asperger's syndrome" but I don't fully agree with the term(if you want to know why I can send a whole reply on why), so now I am just autistic lol. Autism has had an effect on my social life(and still does), not because of anxiety but sensory issues. And OMG, I can relate. When I still went to school and it got loud, I'd cover my ears(sometimes I'd hide. In grades 2 and 3 I had a special corner where there was books to read. I spent most of recess there most of the time) or when I couldn't handle it, go into a shutdown(or if it was very severe, a meltdown). Sometimes in public places like restaurants, stores, or at church, I go into shutdowns if I don't wear earplugs(sometimes earplugs don't even help!). I was bullied back in 2017 and 2019, and that's why I started homeschooling(and because of autism). I hate it when people stare at me for stimming or using my sensory clay. I subconsciously isolate myself from others(It's getting better since I'm working on it!). I sometimes think of my birds as lil' ESAs. If you actually read this, TYSM it really means a lot!

~~AnΓ¨~~​
Of course I read it!
I've had SPD since I was little, I think my first symptoms came when I was 4-5ish, and I went to a doctor when I was 11. The doctor didn't give me an 'official diagnosis', because (at least here) there is no such thing. They diagnosed me with tics when I was 10-11ish, and said it is likley I have Tourette's Syndrome, but the diagnosis is expensive and takes a long time (huge wait list), so I haven't been diagnosed with Tourette's yet. I do meet all the criteria (having them for over a year, verbal and motor tics etc.). I literally meet no criteria for any other tic disorders, but for now I am diagnosed with Chronic Verbal Tic Disorder and Chronic Motor Tic Disorder, even though you can't have both...
I wear earplugs a TON, but my SPD isn't very bad.

I also know why Asperger's Syndrome is outdated.....and I fully support that being discontinued:sick:

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
I also know why Asperger's Syndrome is outdated.....and I fully support that being discontinued:sick:
Yup agree 100%! Another thing I completely dislike is when people tell me(especially adults that knew me since I was a baby) is "oh your autism has improved soo much you don't even look autistic anymore!" Yeah right. While I don't stim as much and have learned to adapt to loud sounds, and while I am not as sensitive anymore, doesn't mean that my autism gone. It still exists and WILL stay forever. I still struggle with sensory issues. Even if a "cure" existed(I hate the fact that people support cures for autism and I hate it when people donated to terrible charities that try to find a cure(like "autism speaks"), I wouldn't take it. Yes, I do have struggles. Yes, it's tiring at time. But I wouldn't be me if I didn't have autism. I was only told that I'm autistic last year and people suddenly think that I only stim because I heard of my diagnoses but I stimmed since I can remember.. yeah it's not easy being autistic in a world of neurotypical people especially with all the stereotypes out there and the myths.. but it will get better(at least I hope it does..)! The hardest part isn't being different, but people that judge you FOR being different. I hope that will change soon.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts