My Goffins Family!

OP
Scott

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Gabby and his favorite toy. Loves to raise the wooden cups and let them fall into the empty bowl, creating a pleasant "bell" noise.
chmzRb6.jpg

Gabby fitting himself into an empty ring.
D3fwB2v.jpg

Popcorn after the transition to Harrison's.
7z5T6I6.jpg

This is a freaky pic! Taken at dusk, a ghostly image of Peanut is flying over to their night-stand with Abby and Squeaky awaiting. The three sleep in the same order every night!
PMBrDyU.jpg

Squeaky wore a blue "tattoo" for a long while after playing with a wooden block and water.
O25pf4t.jpg

Squeaky and Abby grooming.
SNqeMof.jpg

Last edited:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Gabby has me literally laughing out loud! How on earth did he fit himself in there?

OP
Scott

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

Last one for now before I bore y'all to tears....

Abby staring at his shadow, the song in my head is "Who are you" by The Who!
zemfrTI.jpg

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi_rGnw_B9A"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi_rGnw_B9A[/ame]

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
The ghostly picture of Peanut gave me chills lol..Visions of Jonesy coming to attack me :eek: Awesome pics Scott!

Jim

OP
Scott

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

Baby pics, roughly arranged by stage of Gabby, Abby, and Squeaky. With some of the very young pics, not sure of exact identity.

Where it all began, Peanut and Popcorn in front of their nest:
TgXGGCQ.jpg

My mom hand feeding, note the splotch of formula on left hand to check temp:
VyPqF9q.jpg

VKAhWUq.jpg

One of my favorite images!
cLnEOIZ.jpg

Feathers forming!
XtyJqFs.jpg

HbBQZtP.jpg

XtyJqFs.jpg

RjlWK1Y.jpg

Gabby, fully feathered
AmuPzOL.jpg

Squeaky, Gabby, and Abby at around age 2, 5, and 4
Te2ZZ10.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Scott

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

Fast forward about 18 years or so. Abby and Squeaky sharing a smoothie from the same spoon as in second image of previous post!
8M1F8eb.png

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

Wow....:):)

Jim

smbrds

May 17, 2016
Media
Central Florida
Parrots
Normal (or not so!) Grey Cockatiel
Always love, love, love the stories of your Goffins and the pictures. Some videos of Goffins on YouTube are so precious. Like you say about their crest, reminds of a dolphin fin!! Their faces and eyes are so expressive and their incredible sensitivity and intelligence warrants great respect.

Love seeing the development from baby to fully-fledged. Precious moments.

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Your little goffins really are cute Scott! And those baby pics are precious. So you used that special shaped spoon to feed them as babies then? That seems like a much more gentle method of hand feeding than a syringe.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Scott! I'd missed your last few posts since February 27th, so what a photo bonanza I got as a treat this morning! Phenomenal pics one and all, brother! Thank you for sharing these, as I always look forward to your updates!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Wow, what a treat to see your gorgeous Goffins right from the beginning! Those baby pictures are so incredibly precious:)

OP
Scott

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

Scott! I'd missed your last few posts since February 27th, so what a photo bonanza I got as a treat this morning! Phenomenal pics one and all, brother! Thank you for sharing these, as I always look forward to your updates!

Wow, what a treat to see your gorgeous Goffins right from the beginning! Those baby pictures are so incredibly precious:)

My pleasure, Imgur is so cool!!

OP
Scott

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

Your little goffins really are cute Scott! And those baby pics are precious. So you used that special shaped spoon to feed them as babies then? That seems like a much more gentle method of hand feeding than a syringe.

An ordinary teaspoon was used, though the tip was modified with pliers to funnel the formula more accurately. I use it on occasion to give them a bit of smoothie... they love it!!

Very long story short, this was done literally on the fly. Gabby was the first born and peeping noises from the nestbox ensured all was well. On the third day my mom was home from work sick, and didn't hear anything by afternoon. She opened the nest door and observed Gabby cold and blue/grey, on his side. Tellingly, Peanut and Popcorn were on a perch, totally oblivious! She grabbed and wrapped him in a towel, and called a breeder-friend who quickly schooled her in producing formula and handfeeding. Thanks to a minor miracle and mom's dedication, he survived and thrived. When Abby and Squeaky were hatched, they were pulled at around day 4 or 5, as the parents were equally lazy. Waited long enough for them to be naturally enriched before abandonment.

Last edited:

Violet_Diva

Aug 30, 2016
Media
Albums
Norfolk (England)
Parrots
Bella (Vosmaeri Eclectus Female) + Dexter (Red Sided Eclectus Male) + Gerry (Vosmaeri Eclectus Male)
I'm LOVING all the photos Scott! Thanks for sharing you beautiful flock. I love that you still have that spoon too :D

Squeaky and Abby look like they could be part of Abba in the knowing me knowing you video! :D

Peanut looks very proud of Abby and Squeaky!

Gabby looks like he's pretending to be an egg in an egg-cup - like he's somehow hiding in plain sight! That one really tickled me :D

This photo is awesome. What a poser! I could barely believe my eyes - it's 'too perfect! Get it? Yeah I know, bad pun, but couldn't resist. Still a fab picture.

OP
Scott

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

Thanks, I absolutely love that last image! Thinking it is Abby, but not sure.

Apr 3, 2013
MD, USA
Scott, haven't checked in in a while. LOVE all the photos, the history, and especially your flock. They look like a happy, well-adjusted bunch. I can't imagine so many goffins!

Thank you for all those updates! I have long known about your flock, and am glad I now have a little more insight into your world.

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
What an amazing story! Your mom is my hero. And those baby pics are fantastic ❤️❤️ although, being accustomed to my little speck of a parrot, I did find myself thinking “that baby is GIANT!” Thanks for this great thread and pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

Scott...You ARE MY hero! You know of all the problems/heart break I had with just ONE of those beady-eye'd..well... you know what I mean! :rolleyes:

It was difficult enough,for me to deal with ONE Goffin's..and you have FIVE lol.
God bless you (and your MOM)!
The pictures are wonderful..especially with the three of them with their hats in the air..
More pictures are more than welcome my friend!!

Jim

Most Reactions

Latest posts