My mad little girl

MinionDogg

Sep 29, 2023
Parrots
Turquoise crossover female quaker 5 months old
I got my girl on July 22 2023, her hatch day was May 5th 2023. I've been trying to bond with her while respecting her space, but I've noticed a ton of pin like feathers on her neck and head. Today I tried to bathe her ( she doesn't like to come near me yet). She was hand fed by the breeder, but doesn't let me touch, she bites. I guess my question is, will she forgive/ forget my forced bath of her in time??

Jcas

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Parrots
Quaker, 2 budgies
Probably, but birds don’t really need a “ bath” in the traditional sense. Just a gentle mist with warm water is good or offer them a shallow dish with warm water for them to bathe in🙂. All birds take time to trust people. Go slowly and be patient. Offering her bits of her favorite foods by hand, talking softly, and just sitting near her while reading or listening to music etc, are all ways to start getting her comfortable with you. It could be months before she is ready to willingly interact with you, but the wait is worth it as you will have a friend for 20-30 years. Also, pin feathers are VERY sensitive. It can be quite painful for us to touch them. My Quaker, who is bonded to me, will still bite me if I’m scratching his head and accidentally hit a pin feather. Good luck with your new friend!

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
TREATS TREATS TREATS.....things off the menu. Especially veggies.....cucubers and brocoly and cauliflrour. Offer first on the cage then offer by hand. Quakers are a bonding bird, you just have to put in a bit.

im going to add some insperational videos.

Most Reactions

Latest posts