Need a way to cut bird treats without a sharp knife

FieryPhoenix

Jan 18, 2022
Parrots
Quaker Parrot Sun Conure
My girls love these bird treats from Harrison's power treatsbut they prefer that they be cut up in small pieces. I am really not game on using a sharp blade to chop them in halves or quarters. Any alternatives?

Ria.345

Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2021
New York City
Parrots
Sun Conure and Umbrella Cockatoo
I am not sure what the treats look like or if this is applicable, but maybe use a sharp pair of scissors? More of a chance to keep your hands safe and fingers out of the way if that is what's bothering you.

OP
F

FieryPhoenix

Jan 18, 2022
Parrots
Quaker Parrot Sun Conure
I am not sure what the treats look like or if this is applicable, but maybe use a sharp pair of scissors? More of a chance to keep your hands safe and fingers out of the way if that is what's bothering you.
They look more like large squarish things kind of hard like grapenuts (see pic below).

A knife doesn't do it and I haven't tried scissors. I think I pill cutter may work. What do you think?

Obviously, it would only be used for this purpose and not cutting actual pills. See photo. They can eat them while holding it in with one food but oftentimes with big pieces they kind of drop half of it on the floor.

Attachments

• Screenshot (6).png
    Screenshot (6).png
    66.6 KB · Views: 55

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Would a chopper work?
Something like this?

1646079972535.png

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I think it would and I have something like that but I have another family in the house who do not like when I use food tools on bird food LOL!
What they don't know won't hurt them, chop and wash quickly! lol

Most Reactions