New lil' friend!

I'm so sorry about your brother. I would be so mad. Hopefully the locks work. Good luck.

Adorable little birdy, and yes get the locks..
As a dog trainer I got into a tiff today with a random stranger who were trying to interact with dog I was working with with the owners. He didn't wanna greet the dog the way I told him to, telling me he knew what he was doing, I told him don't touch the dog and after that he had to count his fingers.. Good puppy... Some humans are idiots, and I dont care that he is on hard times, his stubbornness of not wanting to listen islikely what landed him there...

I have very little patience for foolish people, your new bird is unpacking, which is a great opportunity for training the right way.. and he may very well spoil that so be tough.. (Yes Im evil to humans)

Thank you guys! Yes! That incident with the dog is exactly like my brother except I live with him and my bird are less able to defend themselves. He is actually leaving soon to rehab. I really hope everything with him improves but I'm not sorry to see him go.

But about the little bird! She is just so cute. Smaller than Oliver. I gave her a little wicker ball foot toy and she liked it very much. I have gotten bit once but that was my fault. I think I was asking too much.

How soon is it okay to start clicker/target training?

As long as she is not scared of the clicker itself and she takes treats you can start instantly. Usually when animals get moved they get a little shaken up, but it also sometimes resets bad behaviors and it takes a while to settle and grow confident before the level of aggression increases again so they dare to defend themselves..

This is where I like to nab them, cause if you start instantly with positive reinforcement and set your house rules and go with it you sometimes never even have to see the bad behaviors occur again. Thats what we did with the little guy I posted about, he came from the shelter the day before yesterday and had already started escalated a little in bad behaviors, so before that got too set in his new environment I stepped in and we got him focused and he had very little reactivity in comparison to the evaluation the shelter had done. (he was on death row for aggression and was going to be euthanized when he got pulled). So if she is receptive to treats and such, start NOW... the sooner the better... but again only if she's receptive to it, otherwise it will be a bad experience and hurt her instead..

Training her to step up is hilarious. She does not wanna put her feet on my hands but instead will stretch out as far as possible to the point that she is laying down on my hand reaching for the treat. But still she wont put her feet on my hands so far except for the first day I got her.

lol because she do not wanna step up... and she has likely been forced in the past, so now when she's not forced.. Poor bird... You will get her there.. cute that she dares to lay down on your hand though.. That's funny!! can't wait to hear the rest of it!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back