New Member - GCC

Kbarr7

Feb 24, 2016
Hello - I am a new member of the forum. I recently adopted, about 3 weeks ago, a Green Cheek conure named Papi. He is right at 1 year old. I adopted him from a local (Tulsa area) bird sanctuary. I previously had a Cockatiel that passed away about a year ago, and decided it was time to get a new feathered friend in my life.

Papi is a beautiful pineapple colored GCC. He can be very sweet, but also a little feisty! He seemed to fit right in at first. The last week however, he has really been biting. Last week my 17 year old daughter let him out of the cage, and he immediately bit her very hard on the finger, then ran up her arm and bit her ear lobe. My daughter won't hold him now! The last few days he has been biting me pretty hard too. He will be fine, and walking around on me, then all of a sudden run across my chest and bite my lip! For the most part, he is a sweet bird, but would love it if anyone has any suggestions at the nippiness. I know people say to put him in his cage for a few minutes and ignore him, but when he bites, and I run to put him in his cage, he bites me hard on the fingers as I am doing that!

I am glad there is a forum like this. I will post pictures when I can.

Most Reactions

Latest posts