Pumpkin

Apr 15, 2013
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Pumpkin: 2 year old Male Jenday
Eddie: 11 year old Female yellow rengneck
Hi All

I have had parrots for the past 12 years mainly conures (although my first parrot is my yellow ring neck Eddie who was bought for me as a 21st birthday present and who absolutely HATES me she thinks my husband is her mate, he is the only one who can go anywhere near her and she fluffs and coo’s for him and goes out of her way to bite and attack me any chance she has).

We had a pair of green cheeks who sadly have passed away.

The newest addition to our mad house is my little 2 year old Jenday, Pumpkin, who is just the sweetest little boy on earth (he is very sick at the moment L)

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
welcome to the forum.

sorry to hear that your Pumpkin has fallen ill.
what is wrong with him?

OP
P

Pumpkin

Apr 15, 2013
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Pumpkin: 2 year old Male Jenday
Eddie: 11 year old Female yellow rengneck
Thank you!!!

He was attacked by a wild rat at 2am this morning I had him at the vet the minute they opened this morning the bites seem superficial but he was still in shock. The vet has given him two injections an antibiotic and a pain killer and he has to go back every morning for the next two to three days (my boss is gonna love me) for more injections. He was such a trooper, he went to the vet when he offered his finger and didn’t complain “much” when he was being examined and was even trying to play with my earrings while waiting as sore and sick as he was.

I just wish there was more I could do at this point.

Jhog20

Apr 16, 2013
Hi,
My name is Jho and I just recently purchased an umbrella cockatoo I named Easter. I have research all I could possibly need to know that is written about the bird so I can provide the adequate care and understand their behavior, so far everything is great. He/she is 10 months old very sweet I give 3-4 hrs of intermittent play time with all the members of the family and 2 hrs just out time from the cage the rest is mainly inside the the cage which he/she don't mind. So far it only says hello, hi, and my daughters name Ashley. My only concern right now is I notice he just waste the food a lot a good 50% of it. Does that mean he/she don't like the food I provide? I brought him to the vet and told me the bird weight is fine. Is this typical?

Most Reactions

Latest posts