New Parrot Mom here

Ashleypyle2

Jul 23, 2023
Parrots
Phoebe
I just purchased a 2 month old ringneck that the owner said was tamed. She clicked right away with my husband, but me on the other hand, she hates. I cannot even hold her or try to open her cage without attacking. Just now she wanted to sit on my shoulder and I thought she was being sweet, then she started attacking and biting my face. Help!!! How do I correct this behavior?

Attachments

• 20230708_150404.jpg
    20230708_150404.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 22

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Welcome and be welcomed!
SOmetimes parrots just take a set on certain people. My youngest son help wean Salty, giving him his formula etc. He moved out of the house and then one day Salty just decided he hated him. Since he lives far, we dont see him often. But if you can be the bearer of the favorite treats and spend a lot of time with him, talking softly and trying to engage him, it might work. ALso consider your appearance and clothes. Parrots are very sensitive to color and see in the ultraviolet range, which we do not. Try wearing darker color or plain clothes when you work with him, womens clothes are often brightly colored and to them these are SUPER bright . GOod luck!

Most Reactions