New to the forum

ILoveExotics

Jan 10, 2022
Parrots
Female Eclectic
Howdy everyone! I am new to the forum and hope to learn from you all. I came across this forum a few weeks back when I was searching for answers to a series of questions I had related to my female Eclectic. Her name is Sapphire. I am also searching for a bird, adult male Eclectic companion for my baby. If this info or request is not something allowed, admin, please delete.

Attachments

• DF39B600-377E-4B99-8EE4-ED582BF40DE8.jpeg
    DF39B600-377E-4B99-8EE4-ED582BF40DE8.jpeg
    258.5 KB · Views: 105

hiriki

Oct 19, 2014
Chicago, IL
Parrots
(Birdie - Jenday Conure)
(Kiwi - Green Cheek Conure)
(Elby - Lovebird)
(Gorou - Ringneck Dove)
Just wondering but... did you paint your Eclectus's talons? Lol.

Welcome!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome to you and gorgeous Sapphire! Absolutely proper to discuss and solicit male companion, you may also post request in Wanted/For Sale forum at bottom of Forums page. Please change the prose a bit to avoid cross-posting aka duplicate thread! https://www.parrotforums.com/forums/all-other-wanted-for-sale.13/

Is breeding a motive for seeking companion? There are no guarantees two parrots will get along or have urge to procreate. Eclectus females notoriously choosy for reasons we can only imagine.

OP
I

ILoveExotics

Jan 10, 2022
Parrots
Female Eclectic
Welcome to you and gorgeous Sapphire! Absolutely proper to discuss and solicit male companion, you may also post request in Wanted/For Sale forum at bottom of Forums page. Please change the prose a bit to avoid cross-posting aka duplicate thread! https://www.parrotforums.com/forums/all-other-wanted-for-sale.13/

Is breeding a motive for seeking companion? There are no guarantees two parrots will get along or have urge to procreate. Eclectus females notoriously choosy for reasons we can only imagine.
Thank you for your welcome Scott. I am excited to join. Looks like we all share the same love for our babies. No, breeding is not on my priority list. I would like for Sapphire to have company while we are away and yes, I will change it up a little. Thank you for the suggestion.

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Welcome! Gorgeous girl you have there. :) Love the idea of the nail polish, but I think ingesting it could be problematic. More so, I'd be worried about the fumes from it when applying. I find that smell harsh to me, but parrot respiratory systems are so sensitive to such things, it could potentially prove fatal. :( Thank you for your decision to discontinue. Cute as it looks on her, I feel better that you're thinking of her safety and well being. More pictures please, there's few things more beautiful than ekkie girls. (Well, maybe the boys ;) )

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Welcome, Sapphire is beautiful!! :D

Birdgirl24

Dec 2, 2021
North Dakota
Parrots
I have 1 budgie, He is a male both. I have been looking into getting an Eclectus Parrot tho.
I'm absolutely obsessed with Ekkies your so lucky! And wow she is a beautiful girl!

OP
I

ILoveExotics

Jan 10, 2022
Parrots
Female Eclectic
Welcome! Gorgeous girl you have there. :) Love the idea of the nail polish, but I think ingesting it could be problematic. More so, I'd be worried about the fumes from it when applying. I find that smell harsh to me, but parrot respiratory systems are so sensitive to such things, it could potentially prove fatal. :( Thank you for your decision to discontinue. Cute as it looks on her, I feel better that you're thinking of her safety and well being. More pictures please, there's few things more beautiful than ekkie girls. (Well, maybe the boys ;) )
Thank you. Gorgeous and spoiled. I tried it one time and that was the end of it. No more polish for my baby girl. First time we care for a bird and she is part of our family. Always have been a bird lover. ❤️ Thank you for the info. Appreciate every bit I can get to make sure we have a happy life. 🦜

Most Reactions

Latest posts