Off to Kruger we go!

wildheart

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2010
South Africa
I've packed my clothes, hubbies clothes and ja, that is it.
sigh.gif
The kids stuff and the food can only be packed tonight, ai, that always causes a run around like you cant believe!
hiker.gif
We are going for 5 SLEEPS! I am so excited!
2uge4p4.gif
I will be communicating with Ant via sms to share with you the animals that we see, Iā€™ll take photos with my crappy phone and mms it to her as well. IT WILL BE AS IF YOU ARE IN KRUGER
127fs2361263.gif
ā€“ well just imagine ok. :p (I promise I will TRY and remember to do it)

Then when I am back I will load that trip report with all the animal sightings as Iā€™ve been promising.
128fs318181.gif
We are going to work extra hard to see Tannie Diā€™s cheetah!
fly2.gif

Only 4 hours to go!
hiker.gif

wuvzbirdies

May 5, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Parrots
Congo African Grey: Russell Peters (R.I.P. my baby)
Oh Linky, I just envy you, Ant and Ecclipse for living in one of the most beauiful places on earth. I mean I love my Canada and it sure is beautiful but something about Africa screams Heaven to me. My Hubby is Nigerian so I hope to one day be able to visit there.

Enjoy your trip...... April

greycloud

Mar 21, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Parrots
Sammy-Umbrella Too-rescued,
Dexter-CAG-rehomed handicapped,
Sterling-CAG-rehomed retired breeder.
Sunshine-12 yo CAG-adopted
Linky, you are taking my dream trip!! I so envy you! Please take lots of pics! I can't wait till you get back to share! Have a safe fun adventure!

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
I've packed my clothes, hubbies clothes and ja, that is it. The kids stuff and the food can only be packed tonight, ai, that always causes a run around like you cant believe!
hiker.gif
We are going for 5 SLEEPS! I am so excited!
2uge4p4.gif
I will be communicating with Ant via sms to share with you the animals that we see, Iā€™ll take photos with my crappy phone and mms it to her as well. IT WILL BE AS IF YOU ARE IN KRUGER
127fs2361263.gif
ā€“ well just imagine ok. (I promise I will TRY and remember to do it)

Then when I am back I will load that trip report with all the animal sightings as Iā€™ve been promising. We are going to work extra hard to see Tannie Diā€™s cheetah!
fly2.gif

Only 4 hours to go!
hiker.gif

Gosh Linky I thought I was getting rid of you for a few days just joking
11_9_16.gif
I'm sure going to miss you guys (all 14 of you)
Have a safe
16_2_19.gif
and a LEKKER time
Will update daily, as such a possible, for all to enjoy

Missing you already
36_2_18.gif

Love ya all

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
Have a fabulous time Linky!!!

Can't wait to see the pictures. Safe trip!

We'll miss you!

Von & Cal xx

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
pawprint.gif
Some of us are making the trip with you but alas, only in our dreams. I am one of them. If you happen to run into a
please enjoy the awesome sight. They are the most majestic wild cat of them all. Can't wait to see your when you

return. Tannie Di

Last edited:

Ecclipse

Oct 24, 2009
Southern Africa
Parrots
RIP Hugo (African Brown Headed Parrot) 2 years old, lil Rosie May (Lovebird)
Hey Bobby - you got our SA lingo going great guns - lekker man!!!! You would blend in very well in SA - everyone would think your a local ;) I think I can safely dub you as a "Proudly adopted South African" :)

LINKKKKKKKYYYYYYYYYY - WAAAAAIIIIITTTT!!!!!! Shucks man!!!!! I wanted Links to keep a lookout for Brown Headed parrots - ggrrrrrrrr!!!!

Ant, please please could you ask Links to look out for Hugo look-a-likes??!! - pulllleeeeessseeee!!!! Is she using the same number cause then I can sms her. :) :) Apparantly they are found in a section at Kruger - that would make my life :) :) :)

Ecclipse

Oct 24, 2009
Southern Africa
Parrots
Hey Bobby - you got our SA lingo going great guns - lekker man!!!! You would blend in very well in SA - everyone would think your a local ;) I think I can safely dub you as a "Proudly adopted South African" :)

Lol - that status comes with the following exclusive package:

Anti-hijacking unit
Automatic currency translator
Sun cream that makes you look local - local is lekker!!!
* Terms and conditions apply - please note that this offer only applies when its raining, your not driving a car and you have already changed your currency over to rands....hahahahaha....

I wish that you guys/gals could come to SA - what a jol!!!!!!! I had a giggle the other day when I remembered a girl who came over as an exchange student and was scared to step out of the airport in case a lion attacked her - lol. Some people think that we live amongst dangerous predators and live in grass huts - I wouldnt mind as long as there was a shower, electric heater, lights, door, comfy bed......ok, I am the type who enjoys the outdoors after being indoors ;)

Cant wait to see Linkie's photies - please have a Brown Headed in them - puleeessseee!!!!!

Bobby34231

Jun 25, 2010
Media
Albums
Sarasota,Florida
Parrots
Quincy - Blue Throated Macaw, Skittles and Dusty - Rose Breasted Too's,
Joey - Yellow Crown Amazon, Ashley - CAG

Anti-hijacking unit
* Terms and conditions apply - please note that this offer only applies when its raining, your not driving a car and you have already changed your currency over to rands....hahahahaha....

I wish that you guys/gals could come to SA - what a jol!!!!!!! I had a giggle the other day when I remembered a girl who came over as an exchange student and was scared to step out of the airport in case a lion attacked her - lol. Some people think that we live amongst dangerous predators and live in grass huts - I wouldnt mind as long as there was a shower, electric heater, lights, door, comfy bed......ok, I am the type who enjoys the outdoors after being indoors ;)

Cant wait to see Linkie's photies - please have a Brown Headed in them - puleeessseee!!!!!

I take that as an extreme honor, Baie Dankie (Thank You) Jess :)

Last edited:

Ecclipse

Oct 24, 2009
Southern Africa
Parrots

Anti-hijacking unit

I take that as an extreme honor, Baie Dankie (Thank You) Jess :)

"Baie dankie" I just love it!!!! lol. "Tannie" is seen as a huge complement SB - you defianetly deserve that complement :)

Oh, havent forgotten about Bobby's SA name - watch this space - lol!!!! ;)

Bobby34231

Jun 25, 2010
Media
Albums
Sarasota,Florida
Parrots
Quincy - Blue Throated Macaw, Skittles and Dusty - Rose Breasted Too's,
Joey - Yellow Crown Amazon, Ashley - CAG
I'm still patiently waiting for our sweet Linky to get back so she can give us all the details of her trip and share her pics, she'll probably need a vacation to recuperate from her vacation :09:

Ecclipse

Oct 24, 2009
Southern Africa
Parrots
The name I was thinking of orginated from the traditional Zulu culture....Ant and Links your welcome to come up with other ideas :)

I thought of the name "Induna" which has many meanings - embassador, tribe leader, etc etc but the reason I thought of it was because of your "police" signature and instead of saying, "Whatcha Gonna Do When We Come For You?" you would stand up (With your 10 wives sitting at your feet) and say, "Watcha gonna do when we come for your cattle!" In the traditional culture a man's worth was valued by the number of cattle he owned and the number of wives he had. They must of been extremely aware of womens emotional needs as well as understandin them - hahahaha.....sorry, couldnt help myself there! ;)

Part of the Induna's job was to stop any nonsense going on in the tribe and keep the peace. Some of the punishments were pretty harsh and everyone in the tribe behaved - thank goodness I didnt live in those days - I think my tongue would of been chopped off - hahahaha!!!! PLEASE NOTE - LOL, Im not implying that Bobby is leader of this forum tribe and above everyone, Im just referring to his "polic" image ;)

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old

LINKKKKKKKYYYYYYYYYY - WAAAAAIIIIITTTT!!!!!! Shucks man!!!!! I wanted Links to keep a lookout for Brown Headed parrots - ggrrrrrrrr!!!!

Ant, please please could you ask Links to look out for Hugo look-a-likes??!! - pulllleeeeessseeee!!!! Is she using the same number cause then I can sms her. :) :) Apparantly they are found in a section at Kruger - that would make my life :) :) :)

Linky and Craig, arrived safely, thank God.
I reckon they are so busy relaxing and having a LEKKER time, driving around etc. no time for any feedback. Linky was supposed to send me pic's and sms's daily, I personally think she did not want to bother me, knowing I am trying so hard to keep my business going. If I recall correctly, Linky is going to video as much as possible and share it with us when they return.
Linky had better have vid's and pic's, otherwise we will have to send them back !!!!! Same number Jess, try, I tried twice, came back failed.

Ecclipse

Oct 24, 2009
Southern Africa
Parrots
Seems there isnt good reception her side. This is me sending Linky positive "Please spot some brown headed parrots" vibe - lol ;)

Am so relieved they arrived safely :) Thank you God for protecting them! :)

OP
wildheart

wildheart

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2010
South Africa
Halo!!!:D

We are safely back and HAVE LOTS-LOTS to share!!!!!!!!!!
47b20s0.gif

On the list (need to sort out photos and videos first, sorry)

is ...............

WAIT FOR IT ...........................................

WAIT ........................................

HIE-HIE-HIE-
HIE-HIE-HIE-HIE-HIE-HIE-HIE-HIE-HIE
4chsmu1.gif

BROWN HEADED PARROTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2uge4p4.gif
I ALWAYS look out for them Jess and this was only the second time that I have found them!!!! Plus close enough to get footage!!!!!!!!!!!
47b20s0.gif

and we saw ...........................................................................................

WAIT FOR IT ...........................................

WAIT ........................................

CHEETAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
19.gif

Plus lots-lots more!:D

I better get sorting.:rolleyes:

Thank you for all your well wishes, it is really heartwarming to have friends like you.

Most Reactions

Latest posts