Off to Kruger we go!

Ecclipse

Oct 24, 2009
Southern Africa
Parrots
RIP Hugo (African Brown Headed Parrot) 2 years old, lil Rosie May (Lovebird)
Oh my gosh, oh my gosh - whoooopppppiiiieeee!!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you Linky!!!! Im so so so excited to see lil hugo's running and flying about! I have always wanted to see a Hugo in the wild even if its on camera - you have made my life!!!!!!!

Im so happy that you had a wonderful time and are back safely with us!!!!!

I have missed you :D

Im going to go and blow into a brown paper bag now before I hyperventilate - lol, am quite emotional from excitement!!!!

God bless you Linky :D

SB and I will be smiling all the way!!!! ;) Cant wait to see all the other photies!

OP
wildheart

wildheart

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2010
South Africa
You are going to have to blow in that paper bag for sometime thou!:D Busy at work and we start every Friday at 05:00 so it is early to bed tonight. But, I'll try and make some time today and load the parrots first.;)

Ecclipse

Oct 24, 2009
Southern Africa
Parrots
You are going to have to blow in that paper bag for sometime thou!:D Busy at work and we start every Friday at 05:00 so it is early to bed tonight. But, I'll try and make some time today and load the parrots first.;)

Shame Linky, you dont have any chance at all to settle back into routine! Take your time, Im just so chuffed that you saw them :D and have recorded them on camera.

OP
wildheart

wildheart

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2010
South Africa
This Murphy is having ALL the battles you can believe! It took since yesterday morning to get this clip on youtube for YOU Jessica! :D I had to eventually redo the whole clip in the lowest quality possible and it still took from 11 this morning until NOW! Apparently the problem is with the cables under the ocean - SA has been having problems since the beginning of this year already.

We saw them by Berg en Dal restcamp.

Here it is - better than nothing!;)

20101021_127.jpg

20101021_131.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUmqcOIYkhc]YouTube - Brown headed Parrots[/ame]

greycloud

Mar 21, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Parrots
Sammy-Umbrella Too-rescued,
Dexter-CAG-rehomed handicapped,
Sterling-CAG-rehomed retired breeder.
Sunshine-12 yo CAG-adopted
Thank you so much Linky!! It is so wonderful to see BHs in the wild. I use to breed them and they are in my top three of favorite parrots!! What a wonderful opportunity for you!

OP
wildheart

wildheart

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2010
South Africa
Is it my contact lenses or is it actually blurry on the left? Jeeeees cant anything go right!:rolleyes: I'll have to post you the dvd - thats the only way it seems!

The trip report is still in working - the photos are sorted, the video is still converting to wmv (lowest quality) before editing can start. It is just the English that is still off.:rolleyes:

I'll share with you so long photos of me and Craig by Berg en Dal. My chain and earrings were specially made for me by Tannie Di (spiritbird). THANK YOU TANNIE DI - IT IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
dancegirl2.gif

6d738d2d.jpg

Us being silly - must have been heat stroke.:D
5f5451cb.jpg

Note the hippo in the water.;)

Last edited:

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Linky that was awesome the pictures and the video.
Jessica is going to be hyperventilating for days and days, she is going to be over the moon.......
You really went out of your way, we appreciate all your efforts
Baie dankie skat (Thank you dear)

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
What a gorgeous couple you are Linky and Craig. So matched I would say. Hey I like the necklace. You look like a sexy jungle woman. Are

you sure your name is not Jane??

Last edited:

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
While Linky and Craig, and their gang were enjoying the Kruger Park
I had a tough time..........
Mishka was always asking me where is Sterretjie. I told her Sterretjie went to the Kruger Park. I did not burn a cd, saying Sterretjie went to the Kruger Park.
I mentioned it a few times to her, when she asked me where was Sterretjie.

The short video shown below, just proves that they listen to EVERYTHING WE SAY

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ASli5LpXyo]YouTube - TALKING AFRICAN GREY MISHKA[/ame]

Cowtown

Aug 4, 2010
Media
Great State of Texas
Parrots
Abby 2 year old Female Eclectus & Solomon 12 year old Male CAG & Dickens 4 year old CAG.
Mishka so darn smart... that is amazing..

Linky.. I loved the pics and video.. I wish I could make a trip there...

Thank you so much for sharing your trip.
You and Craig make a handsome couple. Craig is lucky..

Bobby34231

Jun 25, 2010
Media
Albums
Sarasota,Florida
Parrots
Quincy - Blue Throated Macaw, Skittles and Dusty - Rose Breasted Too's,
Joey - Yellow Crown Amazon, Ashley - CAG
Thanks so much Linky!, it was worth the wait, looking forward to the next installment :)

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
OMG Mishka is her own teacher............
She has been chatting all day, saying Kruger Park all day, listen how much clearer she is saying it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkcME2A3M0U]YouTube - I WANT TO GO TO[/ame]

OP
wildheart

wildheart

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2010
South Africa
Mishka is just incredible - REALLY! She is an example for all of us to see just how intelligent they truly are.:D

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Do you think Mishka knows Mommy is you?

Yipe when I walk in, she always says
23_29_124.gif
mommy.
From the beginning, whenever I walked into the room, I always said hello mommy
Actually earlier this morning, Sean walked up to go and kiss her, she said Sean. He was so thrilled with her, he kept kissing and kissing her.
If I am in the same room as Mishka, and my sons walk in I always say hello Sean/Steven.

It has eventually paid of after almost 3 years to

Last edited:

Ecclipse

Oct 24, 2009
Southern Africa
Parrots
Dear Linky,

There are not enough words to express how much those pics and video meant to me. I just sat there looking at the pics and watching the vid over and over again!!! It was very heartbreaking but amazing at the same time and I fancy Hugo being one of them - healthy and carefree. Just looking at them reminds me how much he meant to me and what an impact he had on my life.

There was a part when the parrot flew to the next branch and that was just so precious - having never seen a healthy BH it was such a blessing to watch. Its strange but after watching the video and seeing the pics I am finally able to lay my boy to rest - the nights of laying awake crying have begun to stop and I will never forget him. Maybe Im pretending that the HB's in the vid and pics are a part of him and that he is where he is supposed to be - silly hey!!!

Thank you again Linky for making one of my dreams come true. You have blessed me so much and I will always be so grateful for you taking the time to take pics and video them :) God bless you my friend :) :)

Ecclipse

Oct 24, 2009
Southern Africa
Parrots
Hey Ant, Mishka is hilarious!!!!! Hows the part when she says Ster has gone to Kruger then she switches saying she wants to go poop!!!! She is so talented and cleva - like her aunt ;)

Most Reactions

Latest posts