LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Annnnd she is perfectly healthy! We are waiting to pick her up now. The vet said she may be tucking her feet more just because she is cold to warm them up (it is winter here) or she could be just really really relaxed. She’s having bloodwork sent to the lab just because she hasn’t ever had that done before so we will have a baseline. But she said she looks great and her diet and everything we’re doing at home is great.

When the tech called me to get her history she said “and it sounds like she says step up?” :ROFLMAO: Yup…. That’s my girl. She was telling them step up as soon as they got her inside.

Can’t wait to see her!
Very happy for you and your stunning little supermodel, @onamom!! Good you're getting the bloodwork done anyway too, it's great info to have going forward if anything does crop up in future. Way to go Ona, bet she'll be getting lots of treats when she gets home! 💖

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Very happy for you and your stunning little supermodel, @onamom!! Good you're getting the bloodwork done anyway too, it's great info to have going forward if anything does crop up in future. Way to go Ona, bet she'll be getting lots of treats when she gets home! 💖
You need to teach her “out! Right now!” And then I will know my Lucy is reincarnated.

I love bossy birds.

And I’m so glad Ona is ok.

OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
Ona said a new “word” yesterday. I came up to her cage after walking the dogs and said in a very squeaky, silly voice “hiiiiiiiii”. She imitated it back three times :ROFLMAO: Maybe I can get her to say a normal hi soon.

I’ve been singing to her a lot lately. I find that she tends to dance and sing along if you make up a song that says “Ona” a lot. I also sang to her that she’s very self centered.

——-
I have to share these Christmas gifts from my mom I received yesterday:

58EA10E5-1F45-4CFF-A3E8-BFD796EB0988.jpeg

Ona is an early ripe.

image.jpg

Shirt and poster by “Birber” on Etsy.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Ona said a new “word” yesterday. I came up to her cage after walking the dogs and said in a very squeaky, silly voice “hiiiiiiiii”. She imitated it back three times :ROFLMAO: Maybe I can get her to say a normal hi soon.

I’ve been singing to her a lot lately. I find that she tends to dance and sing along if you make up a song that says “Ona” a lot. I also sang to her that she’s very self centered.

——-
I have to share these Christmas gifts from my mom I received yesterday:

View attachment 46949

Ona is an early ripe.

View attachment 46950

Shirt and poster by “Birber” on Etsy.
These are perfect, I can see Ona's precious little face reflected perfectly in each one 😍 Your mum did very well!

OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Meanwhile while I spend a fortune on bird toys… :ROFLMAO:

(My hair scrunchie is apparently very fun)

2D00BD4F-D915-42D6-986B-59AB77D98527.jpeg

She makes a lousy programming assistant but gosh I just love her so much. She can perch on my laptop any day. Or…. Until her tail starts blocking the screen too much at least ;)

Last edited:

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
My husband and I are sick with Covid but are hanging in there. I just tested positive today.

@HeatherG i copied you and got Ona a swan fountain! Here’s a video of her first time using it. It took a while but she did finally get in. It is a little big for her but I’m hoping she keeps using it. If she doesn’t it will become a water bowl for the dogs.

Ona’s cousin Willow tried out the Swan today!
BEE1D89B-7229-4FD2-9770-6641543DA235.jpeg

OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Lately it’s been hitting me: My baby is somehow going on 10 months old. How?! How has my little baby grown up so quickly? 😭 Sometimes I look at her and just think how big she’s gotten and how much she’s grown.

56AF7195-4B89-4EFF-8094-29A753A67C91.jpeg

She’s been home with us for about 6 1/2 months. In some ways it’s so hard to believe it hasn’t been longer - she just fits. It’s hard to even imagine my life before she was here. In other ways it’s hard to believe how fast the time has gone. I’m not ready for her to enter adulthood just yet. She’ll always be a baby to me. (Even my 12 year old dogs are still babies ♥️)

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
Lately it’s been hitting me: My baby is somehow going on 10 months old. How?! How has my little baby grown up so quickly? 😭 Sometimes I look at her and just think how big she’s gotten and how much she’s grown.

She’s been home with us for about 6 1/2 months. In some ways it’s so hard to believe it hasn’t been longer - she just fits. It’s hard to even imagine my life before she was here. In other ways it’s hard to believe how fast the time has gone. I’m not ready for her to enter adulthood just yet. She’ll always be a baby to me. (Even my 12 year old dogs are still babies ♥️)

I feel like this with albie, he will have been home with us for 3 years in march !

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots

View attachment 47042

Weeeelllll it looks like somebirdy's gonna have a big birthday coming up soon then, huh? 🎉🥳 It's kind of a double edged sword really, I love watching them grow but I don't ever want them to grow up either!

OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
So where do you GET a bird bowling set? Did someone hand carve this for you?

You are very determined. Ona is just funny.
Amazon! https://a.co/d/2PeW1Ij

I think it’s meant to be a little finger game for people. It came with a little birdie skateboard….. we’ll see about that one day :LOL: I don’t even know where to start with that one! Bowling is now her third sport in addition to basketball and ring toss. Basketball is her favorite (so far).

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Maybe it was a Barbie skateboard…
I can see a greencheek liking basketball! Ona is so cute and funny.

We went to that link and I’m ordering the color sorting toy for Willow since we’ve been working on blue, yellow, and red.
The bowling set looks fun but I think the skateboard would probably scare him.

OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Somebody is VERY needy today so she’s helping me do laundry. It’s a “I must be out with you every second or I will scream” kinda day. That’s ok. I don’t mind. Chances of her pooping on the clean clothes….. 80% :LOL:

BF235A73-38C3-4736-A077-E76FA71173B6.jpeg

Most Reactions

Latest posts