pamela clark talks CAG

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Pamela Clark is a good source of information, she has medical knowledge as a veterinarian technician and she has gotten behavioral accredited, plus a life lived and dedicated to parrots.

ScottinSoCal

Sep 7, 2019
Ventura County, CA, USA
Parrots
Had a Blue Front Amazon. Now have an African Grey (CAG)
From the article:
I also think of them as the chess players of the parrot world, quite capable of manipulation. Granted, this is anthropomorphism at this best, but this is my experience of them.
^Can confirm.^
The evening routine when I get home from work is greet the dogs (briefly), get Scooter the CAG from her cage, and we all go outside. After anywhere from 2 minutes to 10 minutes, Scooter leans toward the patio door and flaps, letting me know she wants to go back inside and get dinner. I put her on top of her cage playtop and go to the kitchen counter to start prep for her dinner, and she used to make her way from her cage, to the spare cage, climb down to the floor, waddle over to me in the kitchen, and either climb up my leg to get on the kitchen counter, or explore the kitchen cabinets. She decided that was too much work, so now she climbs to her cage door and does a panic-flap, to make me think she's stuck. Or she hangs from one claw on the spare cage and flaps, to make me think she's falling. At first I worried she was having trouble moving around, but a clean bill of health from the vet, and me watching her closely, shows me she's doing it just because she wants to. I respond the way she wants, so she keeps it up. She'd already trained me as her Uber driver around the house, now she's trained me to be her labor-saving device.

Most Reactions