Parrot playstand

Classy

Apr 17, 2018
Arizona
Parrots
Lenny (Turquoise Green Cheek Conure)
Hey everyone! I really want to buy my GCC a play stand. One of those huge wood ones. How much would one cost me if it is the size for a GCC.

Skittys_Daddy

Jan 6, 2014
Lewiston, Maine
Parrots
Neotropical Pigeon - "Skittles" (born 3/29/10)
Cockatiel - "Peaches" (1995-2015) R.I.P.
Budgie - "Sammy"
(1989-2000) R.I.P.
Budgie - "Sandy"
(1987-1989) R.I.P.
It would depend on the exact size, make, manufacturer and place of purchase.

EllenD

Aug 20, 2016
State College, PA
Parrots
Senegal Parrot named "Kane"; Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure named "Bowie"; Blue Quaker Parrot named "Lita Ford"; Cockatiel named "Duff"; 8 American/English Budgie Hybrids; Ringneck Dove named "Dylan"
Yeah, that's a tough question to answer because there are a million different options in brands, sizes, the types of wood they are made of, etc. It could cost you anywhere between $50 and $1,000...Most are at least a couple hundred dollars if you buy them new and they are wood...

My best advice for you is to either buy one used on Craigslist (I see them all the time, both the Java and the Manzita ones) for hundreds less than they cost new, OR build your own huge playstand or birdie gym, not out of wood, but PVC piping from Lowes.

I have built a ton of small bird stands and huge birdie playgyms that take up entire rooms out of PVC piping and accessories like the PVC couplers and such, along with attaching S-hooks with chains and hanging toys on them. You also have to wrap all of the piping with vet wrap so the bird can grip and walk on them, but they are very cheap to build yourself. I built a playgym that takes up half a spare bedroom for under $50 total. $10 for the PVC cutting hand tool at Lowes, and then the rest in PVC piping and fittings, S-hooks and chain, and then the toys. The only tools you need are the PVC pipe cutting hand tool, an electric drill to attach the toys with, and a yard-stick to measure your pieces before cutting...

OP
Classy

Classy

Apr 17, 2018
Arizona
Parrots
Lenny (Turquoise Green Cheek Conure)
I picked up a good sized one for sale at my local bird store for about 100 dollars. He loves it and has been playing on it all morning. :)

Most Reactions