Quaker with Strange, Wartish Looking Growth On Face. Please Help!

blakerzach

May 28, 2012
Hey guys this is my first post to these forums, hopefully many more to follow!
I have a question. I have a almost 5 year old Quaker parrot that I've had since he was hatched. And the past 2 weeks I noticed something growing in the corner of his beak. I don't know what it is, and I can't really find much info on the Internet. It seems to be getting bigger. I'm at a dilemma because I don't know of any avian vets in my area. Please let me know what you think!
Thanks! :)

Attachments

• IMG_2046.jpg
    IMG_2046.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 1,059
  • IMG_2045.jpg
    IMG_2045.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 3,121

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
I have no idea but I would suggest If you can't find an avian vet call all your local vets and see if they will take a look . but ask first to see if any of them have bird experience. Not ideal but better than nothing. Alison and sweetie pie:D

greycloud

Mar 21, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Parrots
Sammy-Umbrella Too-rescued,
Dexter-CAG-rehomed handicapped,
Sterling-CAG-rehomed retired breeder.
Sunshine-12 yo CAG-adopted
You definitely need to have this looked at. It could be cancerous.

KrazyBirdBoy

Jun 8, 2012
Mississippi
Parrots
Sunshine: Quaker Parrot

Eggie: Red-Sided Ekkie

Kili: Indian Ringneck

Isoke: African Grey Congo

3 GC Conures (Triplets Of Mass Destruction)
Hi, Im so sorry bout your lil quaker baby. I would suggest having your local avian vet preform a biopsy just to make sure that his lil growth is not cancerous as aliray and greycloud suggested. I'll be praying that it is benign . Please keep us posted on his progress.

KrazyBirdBoy

Jun 8, 2012
Mississippi
Parrots
Sunshine: Quaker Parrot

Eggie: Red-Sided Ekkie

Kili: Indian Ringneck

Isoke: African Grey Congo

3 GC Conures (Triplets Of Mass Destruction)
Also what are do you live in. I can contact the AVMA for you to find a vet with a least a little bird experience.

Most Reactions