Hawk

Banned
Banned
Dec 5, 2014
Media
Albums
Michigan, USA
Parrots
5 Parrots, 8 year old Blue-fronted Amazon, 2 1/2 yr. old African Grey, 2 3/4 year old Senegal. 5 month old ekkie, 5 month old Albino parakeet. Major Mitchell Cockatoo, passed away at age 68.
Hi Gang,

In other thread I mentioned that the bird was gone and all the normal staff
and owner/Vet was gone when I picked up our other new bird, Only a part time newby was at the store which was rather odd.

New twist in things....This will blow you away.

This morning I called and gotten ahold of one of the senior staff members that has been there for ever, long before Mark ( the owner and Vet) took over the store.

She said the bird isn't sold......it was a stolen Bird. Stolen several months ago from the University of Michigan research facility along with a few others. ( Oh wow...I thought). Said that of the many that came into store, someone had taken photo's and posted to friends and eventually someone at University recognized the bird. Later, Investigators show up at the store with a couple of University people and the bird was taken by them. Mark and staff went down to station to help track down the person whom brought the bird into the store in the first place.

Soooo, the story of where this guy gotten the bird was all false. However it IS a crossed Senegal. But that's all they'll elaborate on she said.
Apparently this is the same research team that discovered that new species of bird in China just over a month ago. Some sort of Sichuan bush warbler. That research facility does some strange research there with animals. Back in late 80's, I had to drop off some medical equipment there.
I seen people in practically space suits....and animals. ( I don't want to know). By the way, they have these steel doors there, that is like a super vault, with a warning on door. Bio-chemicals....Anthrax!!!! Holy crap. Yep, only place this side of the U.S. that has it in that grade I'm told. :eek::11:
It seems quite possible they were experimenting with genetics...How else do you get a cross like this???? Or it's a new species. I have a library of parrot books, Bird of prey books, every copy of bird talk ever put out, and still haven't come across anything like this parrot.

This whole twist of things has me even more curious now as I wonder what the heck goes on at the research facility. They have an International team of Avian researchers and scientist there....Go figure. :cool:

Last edited:
That is definitely weird...

That is definitely weird...

Yeah it is.....has my curiosity now right through the roof. All I can say is wow....And to think I wanted to buy the bird. I still want to know what It is.
I can't sleep till I do.

It's probably a Franken bird. Mixed DNA as a result of the lab research.
Meaning the public was NEVER supposed to know it existed.

And the plot thickens.

A Senegal crossed with WHAT though?

I want to know badly as well. One of a few stolen birds from U of M research facility. That's gotta tell you something right there. And they were
very Thorough in getting this bird back.

It's probably a Franken bird. Mixed DNA as a result of the lab research.
Meaning the public was NEVER supposed to know it existed.
Yep and now we REALLY want to know. Before I was kind of curious but now I'm REALLY curious.

Good Luck Hawk.

Didn't anyone at the store take a picture of it that you could share?

Wow! Blown away! :52:

Thanks for the update! I can't stop thinking about this bird.

Weird that it had to happen right on the day you were to come into the store...:33::54: I second akrrm's post, certainly there is SOMEONE who works there who took a pic that they can forward to you?

Last edited:
Y'know what? I think this thread (especially the original post) ought to be deleted and never referred to again. Aside from the arrant nonsense of speculating over an unusual-looking bird's genetics, now we're into conspiracy theories about alleged unholy research at a world-renowned research facility.

It is not profitable to write 'horror' stories about people in space suits and steel doors allowing others to believe that disgusting things are done to animals within. My sister used to work on a free-range chicken farm and she was required to wear a 'space suit' and enter through steel doors when working in the hatchery. IT'S TO KEEP DISEASES OUT so the animals within might be kept healthy. Additionally, I have worked in a University situation where live bacteria and viruses were used (NOT, I might add, to infect creatures, but for PhD and other higher-degree research so that we might know more of how these diseases are transmitted among humans). Just FYI, there are massively binding international treaties on the humane treatment of animals in labs and it is surprisingly difficult to get permission to do very much at all to 'higher' creatures (ie. birds and mammals) in a lab setting. People like Hawk who write highly suggestive text implying the unholiness of what might go on in research facilities do nothing for the animal rights cause! All they do is make the rest of us suspicious where no suspicion is warranted and this allows the real violations to go undiscovered.

I'd ask everyone to please think carefully before posting potentially misleading things like this in the future. It's not really informative to the group and is only noteworthy for a brief moment, however the repercussions can be very unfortunate. :(

(Waiting to hear from other mods about deleting the thread).

Honestly by me saying frankenbird I didn't mean anything negative on the lab.

DNA testing is EXTREMELY important and this is likely a test in crosses and we simply shouldn't know until the results come out. Could be cancer destruction, who knows. Crossing two unrelated species is something I could see working, so I do imagine it's research for Something.

Honestly by me saying frankenbird I didn't mean anything negative on the lab.

DNA testing is EXTREMELY important and this is likely a test in crosses and we simply shouldn't know until the results come out. Could be cancer destruction, who knows. Crossing two unrelated species is something I could see working, so I do imagine it's research for Something.
Yep, and when the story is so much more fun than the truth!!

That is what I am curious about. You and family members saw the bird. Plus people at the store. No one took a pic ?

Serious my first thought would be grab the cell phone and snap one

You lead a very um interesting life. Serious dude. Looking over last few weeks you need a vacation.

How is your wife's neck ?

Oh my gosh! That is deeply weird. How did it end up in the store, though? Did the store owner steal it..?

Not sure if a members vote counts but I vote to delete. This forum has always been on fact not fiction
If you post something make sure you can back it up. Post pictures and then put up for debate. Not Um yeah well wanna guess

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I'm naive.

I also find it suspicious that there is no picture - anywhere- of this bird. I think the answer to this is much more mundane than a conspiracy. I think a conspiracy about this is a little far fetched.
I was very impressed with the information shared in the previous thread about this by Trish and Chris, and would like to see the thread stay because of their well thought out and educated posts. Thank you Trish and Chris for some wonderful info about genetics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Back