Rehoming Blue Fronted Amazon in Brooklyn, NY

Feb 15, 2022
Parrots
African Grey
Blue Fronted Amazon
Rehoming Tame and Trained Blue Fronted Amazon because I need to size down.
Believed to be a female of roughly 2-3 years. As far as Amazons go, she is on the quiet side, and not very aggressive. Steps up, turns around, and raises her foot on command. Says "hello," "hi," and occasionally calls "Taylor" "dad" and "come here." She is a calm bird that demands less than what you would expect from an Amazon, so she will be a good fit even for the less experienced person.
Please see links to videos. https://vimeo.com/677903384 https://vimeo.com/677904442
Located in Brooklyn, NY

Attachments

• photo_2022-02-15_15-58-44.jpg
    photo_2022-02-15_15-58-44.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 116

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
She sounds like a wonderful bird.
I hope you are able to find a great home for her.
This is a wonderful thread with some great tips for someone who has to rehome their bird.

Things To Keep In Mind When Rehoming

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
You're not positive of "her" sex? I have a 32 y.o. dna'd male Blue Front who just loves other birds,but I'm not looking for babies lol.. And geez your in Brooklyn and I'm in CT about an hour away.

Jim

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
You're not positive of "her" sex? I have a 32 y.o. dna'd male Blue Front who just loves other birds,but I'm not looking for babies lol.. And geez your in Brooklyn and I'm in CT about an hour away.

Jim
Hmm, I see where this is going...
You gonna get another 'zon, Jim?

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
I'd love to! Amy would love me to also but it's difficult enough just keeping him happy!

Jim
*Sigh*
Crazy Amy...but hey, if it's an option, I think you'd be a great canidate (provided the great and noble Amy approves!).

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty

6498883 you can contact the Long Island Parrot Society LIPS.ORG and see if they will put your lovely parrot into their adoption program. I wish I could take her, BFA are wonderful parrots.​

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Your young Amazon should have had a DNA Test as part of her purchase and also have the appropriate Hatch Certificate, Documentation, which is required for all Amazons Born during the last six years.

If you do not have a Hatch Certificate for 'her' you need to contact the seller and obtain that paperwork. Not having the documentation, could slow your ability to sell you Blue-Fronted Amazon.

I assume that you have been taking your young Amazon to an Avian Vet and are prepared to provide a buyer access to 'her' medical file maybe requested.

Cheers.

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

Geez I just watched the video...what a sweet and smart and beautiful Blue Front..and so close to me :oops:
"when the moon is in the seventh house and jupiter aligns with mars"....this is a sign for me πŸ€ͺ
Some one talk me out of this silly notion please!

Jim

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

Thanks Al...but David would kill me or at least kick me out lol...It was nice to dream about it tho.

Jim

JSpeckhart

Nov 7, 2020
Altoona, PA
Believed to be a female of roughly 2-3 years. As far as Amazons go, she is on the quiet side, and not very aggressive. Steps up, turns around, and raises her foot on command. Says "hello," "hi," and occasionally calls "Taylor" "dad" and "come here." She is a calm bird that demands less than what you would expect from an Amazon, so she will be a good fit even for the less experienced person.
Please see links to videos. https://vimeo.com/677903384 https://vimeo.com/677904442
Located in Brooklyn, NY
I rescued a yellow nape Amazon. Poor thing had over grown nails that curled, over grown beak so bad the poor bird was eating off the side. I took it and got it all groomed and looking good. She still can't walk right and has arthritis all though her feet. I work with her on a lot of things. I'd love to adopt yours too.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I rescued a yellow nape Amazon. Poor thing had over grown nails that curled, over grown beak so bad the poor bird was eating off the side. I took it and got it all groomed and looking good. She still can't walk right and has arthritis all though her feet. I work with her on a lot of things. I'd love to adopt yours too.
Have you tried a heated perch?

My very old Quaker had arthritis in a previously broken leg and foot. She really liked her comfy perch. She also liked foot rubs.

Just an idea that might make your bird more comfortable,

Natalia1243

May 19, 2023
Located in Brooklyn, NY
How much are you looking for adoption fee I am extremely interested please message me back

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Hey folks, while there's always a slight possibility, note that this thread is well over a year old, and the OP hasn't been here since March of 2022, so reply from them seems unlikely.

Stephaniedevine

Jun 5, 2023
Parrots
None
Located in Brooklyn, NY
I would love to have her but I live in Ohio

Most Reactions

Latest posts