Rosie doesn't like me without glasses

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
It's really weird, I have my glasses on and she's all happy and won't ever bite me. Take them off and she get all puffy and if I try to pet her she might bite me. The other day I reached back to pet her and she bit me, I realized I wasn't wearing my glasses lol

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
It's really weird, I have my glasses on and she's all happy and won't ever bite me. Take them off and she get all puffy and if I try to pet her she might bite me. The other day I reached back to pet her and she bit me, I realized I wasn't wearing my glasses lol

Oh how cute !!!!!!!
Just shows how observant birds are
When I had hair dye on one day Mishka went mad
000204AE.gif

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Senegal: Oliver ~~
Yellow-Sided GCC's: Bella and Zora ~~
R.I.P Tweeters the Cockatiel<3
Geez I can't even change my nail polish! I have realized they nip at my nails except when I'm wearing blue, which is the first color I had on my nails the day I brought them home. :20: :D

friedsoup

May 5, 2012
North Carolina
Parrots
Senegal Male Bogart
Observant I'd say, I lost the vision in my left eye (what they call cotton spot) so nothing noticeable from the outside but my bird who always sits on my left shoulder has taken to riding on my right now how could he know?

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Senegal: Oliver ~~
Yellow-Sided GCC's: Bella and Zora ~~
R.I.P Tweeters the Cockatiel<3
=friedsoup;185422]observant i'd say, i lost the vision in my left eye (what they call cotton spot) so nothing noticeable from the outside but my bird who always sits on my left shoulder has taken to riding on my right now how could he know?
oh my gosh he's a mind reader!
:52::11::52::11::52::11:

melissasparrots

Feb 15, 2012
Iowa
Parrots
Greater Sulfur Crest Ariel
Goffin's Cassie
Cosmo Hyacinth
Diva, Gremlin, Sprout, Ellie and Oscar Yellow Naped Amazons
Daffy, Mama and Papa Quakers
Linnie the lineolated
+5 parrotlets
Mine are the opposite. I'm likely to get bit if I'm wearing my glasses. And blue nail polish just entirely freaks them out. I guess its they way they usually see you that they like.

OP
Featheredsamurai

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
Mine are the opposite. I'm likely to get bit if I'm wearing my glasses. And blue nail polish just entirely freaks them out. I guess its they way they usually see you that they like.
Mine is usually fantastic, she's pretty well socialized as long as people don't touch her(but if I'm in control of their hand she won't bite, and sometimes she adores them and loves a pet lol) New things she's pretty good with, when I first got her she was pretty scared by I've taken her so many places even her vet was impressed how calm and used to new things she is. But man, take away those glasses and she may try to bite me when with them she never does XD

OP
Featheredsamurai

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
If a Galah is anything like a goffins, don't you worry. She will totally love /rebond with you in at least a minute.
I plan to do some trick training sessions with her without wearing my glasses :D She still likes me but she doesn't love me haha. Birds are so funny XD

Most Reactions